We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daytrips Seville/Cordoba/Granada from Malaga/Torremolinos

boston
Level Contributor
20 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Daytrips Seville/Cordoba/Granada from Malaga/Torremolinos

Which city is easier and cheaper to be at to go to Seville, Granada and Cordoba or Ronda on day trips: Torremolinos or Malaga. I'd like to do it independently if I can, but if not then through a tour.

Is Torremolinos eaisier to be at to go to Gibraltar on a day trip than Malaga?

Will there be any bullfights at the end of October in Malaga?

How's the weather between October 20 to 30 in Costa del

Sol? Thanks

George 01

Doncaster
Destination Expert
for Lassi
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daytrips Seville/Cordoba/Granada from Malaga/Torremolinos

Hi!

I suggest Torremolinos rather than Malaga; there are several travel agents in Torremolinos where you may book a coach trip to Ronda and Gibraltar.

It's usually an early start and several pick-ups along the Costa before setting off for your destination.

Ronda has a guided tour included and an optional lunch (many posters suggest you make your own arrangements for lunch). I think the cost is around €20.

Gibraltar can include a tour of the rock and the caves, plus a tour of the siege tunnels (extra), or simply the trip to Gib and free time in the town. Cost is about €35 including the tour, €15 for the coach trip only.

If you choose to go to Gibraltar, remember that you are leaving Spain, so you must take your passport, and you will need Sterling to spend in Gibraltar - many prices are quoted in € but the exchange rate is terrible.

I've seen coach trips from Torremolinos to Granada and Seville advertised at travel agents but I haven't been on one.

One further point - when I was in Torremolinos in July, Cercanias were advertising a daily train from Malaga to Ronda with a journey time of about 2 hours.

Colin

Edited: 05 September 2012, 00:44
Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
12,110 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daytrips Seville/Cordoba/Granada from Malaga/Torremolinos

It will be easier from malaga as all the local transport links are in Malaga.

You would need to take the train from malaga to Cordoba, Ronda and Seville and the bus to Granada.

Always do my own trips and have done all four from Malaga in the last two years.

We always base ourselves in Torremolionos and then make the journey into Malaga for onward destinations.

For me Seville is not a day trip, we always spend at least 5 nights, but love the place, certainly could not do in a day.

Just remember to pre book the Alhambra, I never do, but if I was on a once in a lifetime journey would do so, have always walked straight in.

boston
Level Contributor
20 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daytrips Seville/Cordoba/Granada from Malaga/Torremolinos

Hey Colin & Ian.

Thank you so much for your replies, they were helpful. Ian, I think that I'll make Malaga my base for the daytrips to all my destinations and use train services, when possible. Too bad that threre isn't any train service to Granada, but by bus will be ok as well. Another question, do you guys know of a beach hotel in proper Torremolinos and not outside of Torremolinos as most of them are? I'd like to stay in town if at all possible. Is Hotel Isabel in town or outside the town proper?

Thanks again. I really appreciated your information.

George 01

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,739 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Daytrips Seville/Cordoba/Granada from Malaga/Torremolinos

Torremolinos Town is up on a hill (hence the 'Torre') from the beach, the Hotel Isabel is in Playamar and not too far from La Colina station (Torre has five stations).

The town centre is really mostly shopping, all five beach barrios (Montemar-Bajo, La Carihuela, Bajondillo, Playamar, Los Álamos) have plenty of restaurants and chiringuitos for evenings etc.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
33,453 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Daytrips Seville/Cordoba/Granada from Malaga/Torremolinos

Renfe did implement a train service Malaga to Ronda, though it is not shown on their schedule, check locally.

www.renfe.es Train Malaga to Cordoba and Seville

Bus Malaga to Granada www.alsa.es

Bus Malaga to La Linea (Gibraltar border) www.avanzabus.com

Take the local bus from outside Cordoba train station to The Mesquita.

Alhambra tickets www.granadainfo.com/alhambra

www.andalucia.com

www.turismoderonda.com

boston
Level Contributor
20 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Daytrips Seville/Cordoba/Granada from Malaga/Torremolinos

Hi NosoyGuiri,

Thank you for your reply. Of the 5 beach barrios you mentioned, which one is the closest to the town center?

Thanks

George 01

boston
Level Contributor
20 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Daytrips Seville/Cordoba/Granada from Malaga/Torremolinos

Hi nurioopta,

Thank you for the information. That will definetely be very helpful.

George 01

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,739 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Daytrips Seville/Cordoba/Granada from Malaga/Torremolinos

Bajondillo is directly below the town centre.

Doncaster
Destination Expert
for Lassi
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Daytrips Seville/Cordoba/Granada from Malaga/Torremolinos

Hi!

In terms of proximity, Bajondillo is closest to the town centre, but you will need to have sound legs going up the steps of the Barrio Típico or use the elevator.

There is only one tourist train per day to Ronda; it leaves Malaga at 1005 each day and departs Ronda at 1655. Journey time is about 1 hour 50 min. You will have 5 hours in Ronda - quite sufficient to see most of the sights. The fare is € 21.25 for the return trip.

Colin

boston
Level Contributor
20 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Daytrips Seville/Cordoba/Granada from Malaga/Torremolinos

Thank you all for the helpful information. Another question, which barrio of those mentioned earlier is close to town but on leveled ground? Bajondillo might not be where I'd like to stay. Thanks again

George 91

Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos