We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Festival of San Miguel Arcangel

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
40 reviews
Festival of San Miguel Arcangel

Hello

I have found out that I will be in Torremolinos at the same time as this festival takes place. I have done a bit of surfing on the net and can't find much on the activities that take place. Does anybody know how this festival is celebrated and also is the town likely to be full of people celebrating?

Thanks

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,828 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Festival of San Miguel Arcangel

What dates are you here? The main Feria this year will be 27th - 29th September, if you are here for Sunday 23rd that will be the day of the Romería - a spectacular procession through the town and up to the pine woods where there are events all afternoon and well into the night.

The Romería is the second largest in Andalucía and attracts visitors from all over Spain...up to a quarter of a million of them! The atmosphere is fantastic.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
40 reviews
2. Re: Festival of San Miguel Arcangel

@NoSoyGuiri

Thank you for your reply. Looks like I'm going to miss The Romeria which is a shame because you make it sound fabulous. I don't arrive until late on the 27th. What happens during the main Feria?

Regards

KON

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
40 reviews
3. Re: Festival of San Miguel Arcangel

@Malagogo

Apologies. Don't ask me how I did it but I didn't see your reply. I'll look at the links you gave me.

Thanks

KON

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: Festival of San Miguel Arcangel

That's great. Thanks Malagogo

5. Re: Festival of San Miguel Arcangel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 23:17