We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public bus to Mijas peublo

cork
Level Contributor
45 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
public bus to Mijas peublo

He heading to Torremolinas - staying in the Timor Sol soon and just wondering if there is a public bus from Torremolinas to Mijas peublo. I have tried to look online but the website seems to be down and i cant get the info i require. Im sure I can get the info when i get there if nobody know the answer/ Many thanks in advance.

7 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
83 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: public bus to Mijas peublo

Hi I think the best way to get there would be to catch the local train to Fuengirola, about 50 meters away is the bus station and the mijas bus goes frequently from there, train is about 20 mins and the bus is about 20 mins.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
439 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: public bus to Mijas peublo

Walk up to the main road N340 Carretera Nacional from your hotel and catch the M121 bus which will take you directly to Mijas Peublo, takes about 40 minutes

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
439 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: public bus to Mijas peublo

Bus website

http://siu.ctmam.ctan.es/en/movil/lineas.php

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,643 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: public bus to Mijas peublo

And the M112

cork
Level Contributor
45 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: public bus to Mijas peublo

Many thanks this seems to be the way to go 👍

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: public bus to Mijas peublo

If you walk up past The Carvery, just round the corner from the Timor, up to the main road you can catch the bus there - it l come from the right so you need to be on the opposite side of the road. I can't remember what number bus we caught, but it went along the front through Benalmadena and then did a right turn up into the hills. The bus drops you off next to the square and you can get back on at the same place. Lovely little place to have a walk round and sit and watch the world go by for a few hours.

Edited: 23 August 2018, 22:53
Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
12,110 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: public bus to Mijas peublo

If you walk straight up to the main road on your right you will see cladding surrounding a building site, by the main road, walk to your right along until the end of the building site, you will see the road is raised and a zebra crossing, the bus stop is on the opposite side of the road.

As mentioned both the 112 or 121 bus go direct to mijas, friday morning is a day to miss these buses as everyone catches to go to the arroyo market. We find the 10.10am service 112 is good as many people catch the 121 which runs 10 minutes before.

On the return press the bell after the main benalmadena marina stop which the driver will shout out, press the button as soon as the bus pulls off.

You must stick your hand out to stop every bus, they will just drive past if you dont, unless passengers getting off. (not at the main marina stop as this is a compulsory stop for all buses)

There is a smart phone app Consorcio malaga.

Edited: 25 August 2018, 00:11
Reply to: public bus to Mijas peublo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos