We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunbathing topless in Malaga?

Munich, Germany
6 posts
Save Topic
Sunbathing topless in Malaga?

I am going to Malaga beaches this holiday for 4 days. I am completely against nudism or topless and in my opinion people who like that should go to a proper place.

My question is: is there any beaches where topless is FORBIDDEN in Malaga?

I really wouldn't like to see that.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Sunbathing topless in Malaga?

@ mantalk, post #2:

"Forbidden? it ought to be compulsory."

Be very, very careful what you wish for ...

dailymotion.com/video/….UaXztZUTtFQ

Edited: 29 May 2013, 22:30
Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,421 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Sunbathing topless in Malaga?

You been filming my wife Jack?

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,346 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Sunbathing topless in Malaga?

To add my thoughts to this debate, I have never and would never go topless (let alone go to a nudist beach - perish the thought LOL!). Even when I was young and beautiful, I wouldn't, the thought of inflicting my body on the unsuspecting public is a dreadful thought, however, I don't have a problem with others going topless if they choose to.

In most cases on the beaches I've been to in Spain there are actually very few women who go topless walking around the beach, most just go topless when sunbathing and I don't think I've ever seen more than 10 topless girls along the whole stretch at Cabopino. They also cover up as soon as they've finished sunning themselves. There's a nudist beach there too but we've always avoided that area.

I think if the OP is concerned about not seeing any form of nudity then the beach is best avoided or stay up closer to the paseo or in and around a beach bar where women are more likely to be covered up.

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Sunbathing topless in Malaga?

To the OP,

provided that topless is absolutely legal all over Spain and it could be a problem for you, do not go the beach. It is useless to talk about percentages or fashions. As I absolutely respect your opinion, the best advice I could offer is don't go to the beach. You could have unexpected and unpleasant surprises.

Trevelez, Spain
Level Contributor
153 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Sunbathing topless in Malaga?

Ati:

Although I dont understand your comment fully, language problems perhaps, I think to suggest "dont go to the beach" as a solution is ridiculously extreme. Those of us who have noticed an increased tendency towards full exibitionistic nudity in public places (beaches) are only suggesting that a way might be found to respect the freedoms of those that wish to avoid nudity as well as those who wish to exhibit it.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Sunbathing topless in Malaga?

As Ceejay says, you really don't see women walking around topless all over the place at all, and very rarely on any part of a beach that is near a road or paseo. To say 'don't go to the beach' is somewhat extreme indeed, beaches are after all hardly known as locations where people wear much clothing in the first place!

Considering the size of the average Brazilian bikini aren't we discussing a mere technicality here?

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,346 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Sunbathing topless in Malaga?

Quite agree NSG! I actually just googled Brazilian Beaches and bikinis and the amount of flesh on show, certainly leaves nothing to the imagination and also, they tend to flaunt it a lot more! So, in my view the odd topless woman on the beach in Spain offends me far less than watching the Brazilian ladies walking along the beach.

I think that may be the OP should just take the chance and enjoy the beach, if there are topless ladies around she can move to another place if necessary or just not look.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Sunbathing topless in Malaga?

Am I the only one who is not offended by nudity? What is the problem with nude breasts? As far as I know they are a part of the human body.

Topless is very common in Spanish beaches. My wife and her friends usually sunbath topless and I am personally ok with that.

By the way, breastfeeding in public is also quite common here.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Sunbathing topless in Malaga?

< Am I the only one who is not offended by nudity? >

No.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,346 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Sunbathing topless in Malaga?

I'm not offended by it, just jealous that I don't have the guts or a figure like some of the ladies who go topless (especially now I'm in my 60s and overweight LOL!) .

As there are several nudist only beaches along the coast I haven't been faced with naked bodies all over the place, but I think that even if I did, I'd probably get used to it and just keep my looking into people's eyes and not look down!

MacPollo - unfortunately, here in the UK people complain about women breast feeding in public, which really annoys me as the majority of mums who breastfeed do it discreetly and you wouldn't be aware they were doing it unless you looked really hard. As far as going topless is concerned, its usually too chilly here in the UK for many people to want to do it.