We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving late to Malaga airport car hire or hotel

12 posts
Save Topic
Arriving late to Malaga airport car hire or hotel

Hi

I am arriving on a late Ryanair flight ( arrives at 23:50) on the Sat 8th Sept, not sure what’s best to do ? Collect the hire car that evening ( though I think the car hire area shuts at midnight ) or airport hotel and collect the car the next day ? Any recommendations welcome ? I notice taxis are expensive

Thanks

Room Mate Valeria
Room Mate Valeria
#2 of 86 hotels in Malaga
Barcelo Malaga
Barcelo Malaga
#5 of 86 hotels in Malaga
Room Mate Larios
Room Mate Larios
#6 of 86 hotels in Malaga
6 replies to this topic
UK/Benalmadena
Level Contributor
2,310 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving late to Malaga airport car hire or hotel

If you have already paid for a hire car, I can't see the point of paying for a hotel as well, as long as you are confident of driving at night. All the big car hire companies will be open, you just pay a premium for after midnight.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving late to Malaga airport car hire or hotel

If you decide not to pick up the car, the last train to Málaga leaves at 00:24. It takes only 12 minutes.

You might be able to catch this train.

Otherwise it means taking a taxi. I would take the taxi into the city rather than stay at the airport hotel.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
66,460 posts
3,763 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving late to Malaga airport car hire or hotel

The so called "airport hotels" have no services like restaurants nearby. It is better to stay downtown.

This is an inexpensive hotel downtown:

2-star: Ibis Malaga Centro Ciudad

Mentioned in this post
Ibis Malaga Centro Ciudad
Ibis Malaga Centro Ciudad
2,592 Reviews
Malaga, Spain
St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving late to Malaga airport car hire or hotel

Planning error David, these flight times are best avoided except for those who have a car to pick and drive home!

As stated you should be able to pay for an out of hours pick up. Make sure that is completely confirmed, never use Goldcar and what you mustn't do is assume you will make it by, say, 12.30. These are the last flights of the day and if any delays are picked up during the day, you will cop it.

england
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Arriving late to Malaga airport car hire or hotel

We arrived at 10.30 pm

At the Record hire desk

(Rudest people ever) we got keys and finally found car in the darkness car park possible.

Impossible to do full check for damage used torches on mobile phone . The staff in car park would not engage or talk to us .

When we returned the car 4 days later wow

Brightest lights in car park loads of helpful staff waiting to check your car in.

The check in man found a small black mark on the bottom of the bumper (by lying on the floor)

But said no problem and took the keys .

While on tarmac waiting to take off I received a invoice deducting £350.00 from

My £1400 deposit for damages to bumper.

Total highway robbery by

RECORD CAR HIRE MALAGA.

Spent 3 days emailing them but there email box was full . Waiting now for photos evidence

Which can take up to 30 days according the

Them .

Please beware .

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arriving late to Malaga airport car hire or hotel

Another bad review for Record Car Hire. Too bad you didn’t check here earlier. You would have seen many warnings about this company.

Reply to: Arriving late to Malaga airport car hire or hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted