Hemingway said that Ronda was the most romantic town in Spain. Orson Welles loved Ronda so much that he asked to be buried there. The views in this town are unforgettable. This is the most important and most beautiful white town in Andalusia.
Things to See:
1. New Bridge
2. Mondragon Palace
3. Church of Santa Maria La Mayor
4. Alameda del Tajo Park - Has great views of the countryside.
5. Carrera Espinel shopping street (also called Calle La Bola)
The Parador is a very good hotel beside the New Bridge and has marvelous views and a large parking garage. A good restaurant is Restaurante Doña Pepa at Plaza del Socorro, 10.
For those making a day trip to Cordoba, the train station does not have luggage lockers but the bus station beside it has luggage lockers. A taxi to the Mezquita will cost only about 5 euros because the distance from the train station is only 1.8 km.
The best sights in Cordoba:
1. Mezquita/Cathedral - The most important architectural feature of the Mezquita are the double horseshoe arches, made of jasper, onyx, marble, and granite. There are 856 columns in the church and they seem to be a sea of arches and columns to the visitor.
2. Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos - Has beautiful gardens.
3. Palacio de Viana - The palace has important artwork and there are 12 different patios, all beautiful.
Good restaurants near the Mezquita:
1. Casa Pepe de la Juderia (Calle Romero, 3; Tel: 957-200-744).
2. El Caballo Rojo (Calle del Cardenal Herrero, 28; Tel: 957-475-375).
May 30 and 31 is on Wednesday and Thursday,
Organised day trips are usually on specific days, and advanced booking, a day before, is usually required,
Usually day trip tours are daily mon-sat, except not on sundays,
Have to look up, somewhere online, for daily schedule of daytrips from Malaga,
Ruebens offers excursions.
They offer a Cordoba excursion on Thursdays.
Unfortunately their Ronda excursion is on Tuesdays.
As mentioned previously you can do Cordoba and Ronda on your own. When I went to Ronda I was able to go to the tourist office to buy a Bono Turistico or Tourist Ticket. It costs 8€ or 6.50€ depending on your age.
It included admission to