We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park and ride Malaga?

Ramsbottom, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
435 reviews
Save Topic
Park and ride Malaga?

Hi

I’ve rented a villa near Alhambra el Grande and would like to visit Malaga for the day. Is there a park and ride car park / service I could use? I don’t worry about driving normally however will have quite a large vehicle so thought maybe better to park on outskirts and bus / train into centre?

Any help appreciated.

7 replies to this topic
Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,480 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park and ride Malaga?

I dont know about an official park n ride scheme but lots of people park at the Plaza Mayor retail complex (free) and get the train in to Malaga. They run every 20mins and cost around 2€ one way.

Pueblo Nuevo de...
Level Contributor
7,668 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park and ride Malaga?

You could park at Plaza Mayor on the outskirts of the city & get the C1 train to Centro Alameda.

https://goo.gl/maps/XB9jTeYT8A82

*snap lol

Edited: 10 May 2018, 05:31
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
68,922 posts
3,765 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park and ride Malaga?

The El Corte Ingles is a large department store on Avenida de Andalucia, 4. In front of it there is a very large underground parking lot with plenty of parking. It is easy to walk from there to Calle Larios, which is downtown.

Ramsbottom, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park and ride Malaga?

Thank you both sound perfect.

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
4,034 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Park and ride Malaga?

Alhaurin el Grande surely?

Ramsbottom, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Park and ride Malaga?

Yes you’re re right !

Not sure if that was spell checker or the effect of a glass of lager. Alhambra el grande does sound pretty good though!

scotland
Level Contributor
19,856 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Park and ride Malaga?

You can also park under Maria Zambrano station , and free, if you spend 6 € in the shopping ctr .

Alhaurin el Grande -Malaga Bus is about 1 hr M132 https://www.ctmam.es/lineas/M-132

Reply to: Park and ride Malaga?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted