We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malagueta vs Misericordia beaches

Keele, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Malagueta vs Misericordia beaches

Dear all,

Can anyone advice on which of these beaches are better: Malagueta vs Misericordia. We are going in July and have an option between an apartment next to Malagueta and an apartment next to Misericordia. We only have two days in Malaga and will have no car, so will take the bus to the airport.

9 replies to this topic
England
Level Contributor
6,952 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malagueta vs Misericordia beaches

I've never been to Misericordi, but I can tell you tha Malaguetta is very nice and right next to the city

Glasgow
Level Contributor
473 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malagueta vs Misericordia beaches

I like Malagueta - the stroll into the centre is nicer, either through the Parque or Muelle Uno.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
69,774 posts
3,785 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malagueta vs Misericordia beaches

The Malagueta Beach is closer to downtown Malaga than the Misericordia Beach.

Keele, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malagueta vs Misericordia beaches

Am I right in saying that Misericordia would have more space and less crammed? Isn't it a bit longer and less packed in July? Obviously, I am going on rumours only as I have never been.

scotland
Level Contributor
20,184 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malagueta vs Misericordia beaches

chiringuito

Less packed in July !........ its a busy period no matter where you go

El Palo /Caleta would be worth a look at also .

*the chiringuito's are very good along at Misericordia

Edited: 11 May 2018, 18:42
U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
15,156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Malagueta vs Misericordia beaches

Misericordia is further way but more space, it's a long stretch and also goes away from the main road, lots of good eating places and a more 'local' feel IMO Better sand generally.

Not quite the same city buzz, depends on personal preference. I would say the more convenient beaches just east will be rammed, they all will but heading west should be less so and more space.

Stoofer

Level Contributor
51 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malagueta vs Misericordia beaches

Misericordia has better sand than the Malagueta in my opinion.

The Malagueta will be 90% tourists and the Chiringuito's aren't great. (However if you walk a few minutes extra you can find decent restaurants)

Misericordia will be 90% Spanish and has better Chiringuitos, but then again is further from the centre, but still easy to reach.

Keele, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malagueta vs Misericordia beaches

Thanks all. I got the flat near Misericordia now. It has sea views and since we live in the Midlands, it would be a nice change. We will be inland in Seville and Granada before this, so this really is more for the relaxation and experiencing the Mediterranean. Due to the four children, we've decided to skip Cordoba altogether this time (it was a choice between Granada and Cordoba). Thanks all for your input.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
15,156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Malagueta vs Misericordia beaches

I hope it works well for you, feel sure it will as I always head to those beaches for lunch if I get a free day in the city. Pit-stops all along there.

Marias is very good especially with family, if you walk by, give it a try.

P.S. Edit: I see they have reviews here:https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187438-d1846904-Reviews-Chiringuito_Maria-Malaga_Costa_del_Sol_Province_of_Malaga_Andalucia.html

Stoofer

Edited: 15 May 2018, 17:55
Reply to: Malagueta vs Misericordia beaches
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted