We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Malaga airport to Estepona after 23:00

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
9 helpful votes
Bus from Malaga airport to Estepona after 23:00

Hi

does anyone know how to get from Malaga to Estepona after 23:00? I have seen different information all saying it is impossible because even though we will be able to get from Malaga to Marbella, the last bus from Marbella to Estepona is leaving 23:15. Help anyone?

the taxi would be around 100 Euros, way to much!

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,864 posts
76 reviews
90 helpful votes
1. Re: Bus from Malaga airport to Estepona after 23:00

Yes - the last bus leaves Marbella for Estepona at 23.15.

The last bus for Marbella leaves the Airport at 23.45.

Only options I could suggest:-

1. Take the bus to marbella then get a taxi from thee to Estepona.

2. Book into one of the budget hotels (Ibis, Novotel etc. - room cost around €60-70) near the Airport overnight then get the first Marbella bus the following morning which would still be slightly cheaper than the taxi fare.

3. Take the last bus to Marbella and pre-book a hotel there with late check in overnight before getting the first Estepona bus the next morning.

3. Camp out at the Airport overnight and take the first Marbella bus the next morning.

4. By far the easiest option - bite the bullet and take a taxi all the way from the Airport to Estepona.

Sorry that there does not seem to be any easier option.

Edited: 11 August 2011, 00:37
Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
18,410 posts
135 reviews
63 helpful votes
2. Re: Bus from Malaga airport to Estepona after 23:00

www.resorthoppa.com came up with £100 pp return, too.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
9 helpful votes
3. Re: Bus from Malaga airport to Estepona after 23:00

many thanks. I think we will take the 23;45 from Malaga airport to Marbella and then taxi from Marbella to Estepona. I am counting this should be about 50Eur.

I have another question if you dont mind...on the way back, It is sunday, the last bus directly from estepona to malaga airport is the afternoon one and we need to go around 20:00. I have found buses though from Estepona to Malaga, but not the airport, there is one at 19;45 which is perfect. my question is, how far and how much is it approximatly from Malaga city to Malaga airport on Sunday night? many thanks!

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
18,410 posts
135 reviews
63 helpful votes
4. Re: Bus from Malaga airport to Estepona after 23:00

There are trains half hourly from Malaga to the airport and on to Fuengirola. There is a left luggage facility at the main Malaga train station too. Less than 2€ Malaga to airport.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
15,172 posts
4 reviews
2 helpful votes
5. Re: Bus from Malaga airport to Estepona after 23:00

If you don't want to go into Málaga City that 19:45 will stop at Torremolinos about 30 mins before, as long as you haven't got too much luggage Torrie bus station is an easy, flat 5 mins walk from Torrie train station for the train to the airport (journey time 10 mins).

Or, if you're REALLY bored with being on the bus the change to the trains at Fuengirola is easy too!

Edited: 11 August 2011, 03:21
London, United...
Level Contributor
24,549 posts
292 reviews
294 helpful votes
6. Re: Bus from Malaga airport to Estepona after 23:00

I would have thought that you should take a bus from Estepona to Marbella bus station and then take the airport bus ?

You can look up times on :

http://www.avanzabus.com/web/?lang=en

scotland, uk
Level Contributor
252 posts
31 reviews
40 helpful votes
7. Re: Bus from Malaga airport to Estepona after 23:00

At least on way back, the bus goes direct from estepona to airport.

Last time we got taxi from Marbella bus station to estepona , it was about 30euros - maybe more after midnight. Check estepona taxi site for exact price

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
5 helpful votes
8. Re: Bus from Malaga airport to Estepona after 23:00

We used Travel Republic, go on to their site and click on transfers,

they were the cheapest by far, think the taxi that picked us up were A2B.

9. Re: Bus from Malaga airport to Estepona after 23:00

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Estepona