We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More rain forecast?

UK
Level Contributor
711 posts
45 reviews
More rain forecast?

After the terrible storm and floods I read about, for which I am pleased to hear for everyone that the clear up seems to be well underway and there were no injuries, I see there is more rain forecast from next Tuesday for about 6 days. We arrive next Monday, is this really likely for so many days? We've never had that much bad weather in the last 4 times we've been in November so it would be very disappointing. Should we postpone?

11 replies to this topic
Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
1,640 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: More rain forecast?

I wouldn't panic, the forecasts aren't very accurate until about 3 days before and there are micro-climates along the coast where some towns avoid the rain altogether. It looks as though there will be some rain - if this would be a problem for you are you able to cancel? The trouble is that the weather on the CDS has been decidedly "odd" for a while and you might not be able to guarantee dry weather any time through the winter.

UK
Level Contributor
711 posts
45 reviews
2. Re: More rain forecast?

Thanks I was just hoping for some sun or dry weather in a week!

Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
3,499 posts
610 reviews
3. Re: More rain forecast?

As winchmore says. This year has been so very weird that nobody can suggest that any date or other will be free of rain.

PLUS: often, not always but very often, the forecast is pessimistic. 6 days ahead it predicts rain, but the actual day when it comes may be warm and sunny.

PLUS PLUS different forecasts give different results!

So don't be too worried.

Best wishes

England
Level Contributor
7,829 posts
85 reviews
4. Re: More rain forecast?

It's lovely in Nerja at the mo.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: More rain forecast?

We arrive Monday as well for a week in school half term. I am really hoping for some sun. Monday looks lovely but after that the forecast is rain. Not sure what to do with a 6 year old in the rain. Need to pack lots of toys i think.

Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
3,499 posts
610 reviews
6. Re: More rain forecast?

We had a lovely sunny day today, and now at 8pm it's still just 20 degrees on my terrace.

Usually (but who knows this year?) the rain doesn't last long. Yesterday was predicted 100% rain in the morning, and indeed it rained hard just as the bell rang for playtime. So Wet Playtime indoors.

When the lesson bell rang 30 minutes later it was sunny, and the children tried to persuade us that they needed to have their playtime now. :-) No, we didn't agree!

You can take your lad to see the dinosaur skeletons in the museum under the bullring, by the marina. Open mornings only. The skeletons are actually copies of the real thing. Open 9.00 - 16.00 (that counts as mornings only in Spain), Tuesday - Sunday. Closed Mondays.

https://goo.gl/JiEGSs

There's also the indoor play centre in Cancelada ( a suburb of Estepona towards Marbella), although it's a tad pricey and you need a car to get there: Also closed on Mondays, it's open 10.30 to 8.30 at night the rest of the week.

https://goo.gl/VNFUSn

And instead of packing lots of toys, you could always give him, say, €15 to spend on toys in one of the Chinese shops. Teach him maths too!

Best wishes

UK
Level Contributor
711 posts
45 reviews
7. Re: More rain forecast?

Need to load lots of books onto the Kindle and TV programmes to watch on the tablet! Difficult to know what clothes to take too as in my experience when the sun comes out it can be very warm, but chilly when raining, like 2 seasons in 1 week.

England
Level Contributor
7,829 posts
85 reviews
8. Re: More rain forecast?

Thing with forecasts.... often they are accurate but sometimes they aren't

You're right to have cotingency plans.

Hope it works out for you in lovely Estepona.

Where you staying?

UK
Level Contributor
711 posts
45 reviews
9. Re: More rain forecast?

We stay halfway between Estepona and San Pedro in Benavista near the El Paraiso golf club, my parents used to have an apartment there so we know the area well. Hope the El Tiempo forecast is right as it is actually the best one for now!

UK
Level Contributor
711 posts
45 reviews
10. Re: More rain forecast?

Turista,

Could you do me a favour please as you live there, and tell me what the local radio or TV weather forecasts say when they start reporting on the weather for next week in terms or rain and temperatures? I suspect they will be the most accurate. Just with limited weight need to be sure to bring the right clothes, will hubby even need shorts? Many thanks

Reply to: More rain forecast?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted