We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Estepona by bus to La Duquesa.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
5,297 posts
352 reviews
Estepona by bus to La Duquesa.

Can I get a bus from Estepona bus station that runs along the coast taking in San Luis de Sabinillas as far as La Duguesa.

If so, can I get this bus along the seafront rather than walk to the bus station?

Thanks

12 replies to this topic
scotland
Level Contributor
20,720 posts
366 reviews
1. Re: Estepona by bus to La Duquesa.

M-240 La Linea bus stops in San Luis and can be taken from El Puerto stop ,

…avanzagrupo.com/es/itinerarios-y-horarios/l…

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
5,297 posts
352 reviews
2. Re: Estepona by bus to La Duquesa.

Thanks ab2pcs. I had forgotten that Turista had given me this information earlier in the year.

We are staying on the Avenue Espana close to a Burger King restaurant. I think that there are two Burger Kings along this route. My understanding is that we are staying close to the one that is beside Hotel Mediterraneo. It looks therefore as if the bus station might be the nearest stop to get the M-240 from.

3. Re: Estepona by bus to La Duquesa.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2018, 01:29

4. Re: Estepona by bus to La Duquesa.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2018, 01:29

Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
607 reviews
5. Re: Estepona by bus to La Duquesa.

Curses!

Have just realised that I was thinking of the Casares bus when I wrote the above, not the La Linea one! Have asked TA to delete them. Trying to cook the roast and type on my phone is not helpful. :-)

So back to square one.

Yes, just the Bullring bus stop. It gets there about 5-10 minutes after leaving the bus station. And its more or less equidistant with the bus station from Burget King. But as at the bus station you have to queue up to buy your ticket inside the station, but pay as you get on at the Bullring, I would go for that one.

On the way back my memory is that it doesn't stop at the Puerto (other side of road to Bullring) but almost certainly at Estepona Centro, opposite the Hotel Mediterraneo. Ask when you get on. "Estepona Centro por favor?". That will be handy for you.

Best wishes

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
5,297 posts
352 reviews
6. Re: Estepona by bus to La Duquesa.

Thanks Turista. Coincidentally I had also been reading an earlier post by you on getting to Casares so that one is sorted also. :)

Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
607 reviews
7. Re: Estepona by bus to La Duquesa.

If you are going to Duquesa, my suggestion would be to get off the bus in Sabinillas, go down to the seafront pedestrian promenade and walk from there to Puerto de la Duquesa.

Very pleasant walk.

You can then keep on walking the other side of the marina for as long as you like. Again, very pleasant.

Best wishes

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
5,297 posts
352 reviews
8. Re: Estepona by bus to La Duquesa.

Thanks. Is there a standard/set fare on the M-240 bus or does it vary? Also if going back to our apartment from the Port area is it the L1 that runs along the seafront and is the fare also a set fare?

Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
607 reviews
9. Re: Estepona by bus to La Duquesa.

Hi there.

The 240 price varies depending where you are going, as it's such a long route. Tell the driver where you are going.

The urban buses L1 L2 and L3 all go from the port along the seafront. You need to get off at Estepona Centro, by the Restaurante El Pescador.

There's a set fare for the L1, I have a multi-use card which means it costs 60 cents, even if you go all round the circular route. I think it's €1.20 each without the card. You don't need to say where youre going.

The L2 you DO have to say where you're going, as it goes outside the town, which costs more. In the town it costs 80c with a card, I think it's €1.40 without one. So different number bus, same company exactly same route and stops, different price!

I believe the L3 works on the same system as the L2, but haven't been on it to check as it's new.

So just wait and see which bus comes first.

Best wishes

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
5,297 posts
352 reviews
10. Re: Estepona by bus to La Duquesa.

Thanks Turista. I don't know if we will be using the bus that often so a multi use card might not be worthwhile.

It's good to know the cost so we can have coins ready though.

Reply to: Estepona by bus to La Duquesa.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted