We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Malaga Airport to Estepona

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Bus from Malaga Airport to Estepona

Hi,

I am visiting Estepona next month (June 2018) and need to get the bus from the airport.

We arrive at 12.15pm on a Sunday (not sure if it will be a different service to weekdays).

I am willing to get just a bus or a train to somewhere and then a bus but I cannot afford a taxi so these are my only options.

Can anybody please give me any help and advice from their own experiences to help me as I am finding websites and timetables online quite confusing.

Thank you in advance.

3 replies to this topic
scotland
Level Contributor
20,587 posts
366 reviews
1. Re: Bus from Malaga Airport to Estepona

If you go into Malaga and take the bus from there you will have more choice , as you miss the direct Airport bus if landing at 12;30

Bus times to Estepona are here >> …avanzabus.com/archivos/…A1laga.pdf

Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
3,451 posts
595 reviews
2. Re: Bus from Malaga Airport to Estepona

Hullo there!

Here is a full article on travelling from the airport to Estepona

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187437-c…

HOWVER the links and timings are all out of date, and cannot be updated, so just use it to get an idea of what is possible.

In mid to late June, roughly, the summer bus timetables come into play, so do look again at these timetable links just before you fly.

My suggestion is to catch the 13.15 bus to Marbella, and then the 79 from there. Where are you staying in Estepona by the way? The 79 stops at a lot of places along the Estepona strip, you might be able to get off quite near, so let me know.

The alternative is to catch a train into Malaga Maria Zimbrano (you'll need change for the ticket machine at the station), then go to the bus station across the road from Maria Zambrabo station and catch the direct bus to Estepona from there. On Sundays there is currently a Ruta (slower) bus with Portillo at 13.30 taking 2 hours and a semi-directo with Comes (taking 1h30) also at 13.30. You queue at a different kiosk depending on which bus you decide to take - or has a space.

The buses from Malaga bus station take you to the Estepona bus station. You will probably need a taxi from there.

Here are the current bus timetables:

Airport to Marbella: (First set of times, but look at the second line - "Salida desde el aeropuerto")

…avanzabus.com/archivos/…20Marbella.pdf

Malaga town to Estepona (scroll down to find Malaga times, and then look always at the line marked "Salida desde Malaga")

…avanzabus.com/archivos/…20Estepona.pdf

This timetable starts with the direct Airport to Estepona bus, but you'll miss that on the current timetable, although it's worth looking again just before you fly in case the summer timetable has something extra.

Best wishes

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
134 reviews
3. Re: Bus from Malaga Airport to Estepona

We are getting a private taxi transfer tomorrow from Malaga to Estepona costing 187E Return for up to 4 people and 4 bags. We did it last time and takes around 1 hour certainly worth the money.

Edited: 31 May 2018, 20:52
Reply to: Bus from Malaga Airport to Estepona
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted