We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa del Angel and resaurants

Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
3,157 posts
585 reviews
Save Topic
Playa del Angel and resaurants

The Playa del Angel apartment complex is just outside the town, on the Marbella side. Its advantages for those coming without a car is that it is opposite the bus station, where there is also a taxi rank.

People ask about getting to bars and restaurants from there, so today I timed the walk.

You can walk into town along the tree-lined pavement by the side the road; that is, in fact, the best way to walk to the Carrefour hypermarket. But otherwise, you should walk along the Senda Litoral - the Coastal path - and the Paseo Maritimo - the seafront promenade.

Here are the timings.

From the Playa del Angel greensward to the beginning of the boardwalk of the Senda Litoral - 3 min

From the beginning of the boardwalk to the beginning of the Paseo Maritimo - 4 minutes

From the beginning of the Paseo Maritimo to the Plaza Ortiz - 7 minutes

From the Plaza Ortiz to the El Pescador Restaurant - 4 minutes

From the El Pescador Restaurant to the La Escollera restaurant - 17 minutes

From the La Escollera restaurant to the centre of the Marina - 4 minutes.

Add it all up to get the total to where you want to go.

This was timed by a fairly fit woman in her mid-seventies this morning. Timings done on the way back, not when I was starting out fresh at the beginning of my walk.

At the beginning of the Paseo Maritimo there are 4 or 5 bar/restaurants. All with great seaviews of course, and totally traffic free.

The Plaza Ortiz is where the Centro Historico begins. There are loads of restaurants there and in the adjoining streets - Calle Real and Calle Malaga and Calle Caridad, with a variety of prices. Two of the best restaurants in Estepona are there too - Las Brasas de Alberto (meat - gorgeous meat! Fabulous) and La Taberna de Miguel (meat, fish, rice - wide choice and a lovely outdoor patio area).

El Pescador restaurant is right on the promenade, so wonderful views. Like the other 2 I just mentioned, upmarket and excellent. Fish.

La Escollera looks modest from outside, it's where the locals go, right next to the wholesale fish market and the fishermen's cabins. Fresh fish. Great.

The marina is chock full of bars and restaurants, mainly catering to the international tourists. Italian, Chinese, Indian, Thai, Belgian - a very wide choice of cuisines and prices. It is also where the Sunday market is held, 10-2.

Hope this helps!

Best wishes

Edited: 20 May 2018, 01:31
Mentioned in this post
Marbella Playa Hotel
Marbella Playa Hotel
1,188 Reviews
Marbella, Spain
Marbella
Marbella
Costa del Sol, Spain
El Pescador
El Pescador
499 Reviews
Estepona, Spain
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Estepona
Estepona
Costa del Sol, Spain
Las Brasas de Alberto
Las Brasas de Alberto
145 Reviews
Estepona, Spain
Mini India Diana
$$ - $$$, Indian, Asian, Balti
Amura
$$ - $$$, Seafood, Mediterranean, European
Plan B
$$ - $$$, Indian, Cafe, European
4 replies to this topic
England
Level Contributor
6,293 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa del Angel and resaurants

Dedication is the name of the game.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa del Angel and resaurants

Hi there - thank you so much for this, its brilliant, thank you, absolutely perfect!

Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
3,157 posts
585 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa del Angel and resaurants

My pleasure!

Best wishes

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor