We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked! So excited..... and a few questions!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Booked! So excited..... and a few questions!

Hi there

Thank you very much for the advice regarding apartments, we're all booked - arriving 7th July until 20th.

So - a few more questions I may please...

Has anyone used B-Met transfers from Malaga airport? The holiday rental company has recommended them, but I wondered if anyone had any experience - good or bad please?

I think we may be in time for the Summer Fair? Never having managed to be in Spain at the right time, I'm not sure what this means in terms of shops (supermarkets) and bars/restaurants - will they all be open? And, more importantly, where will we need to be to enjoy it?

I will read all the restaurant reviews, but are there any standout recommendations - for traditional local Spanish, fresh fish or tapas?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you very much

Mentioned in this post
Malaga Airport
Malaga Airport
Malaga, Spain
Spain
Spain
Europe
Mini India Diana
$$ - $$$, Indian, Asian, Balti
Amura
$$ - $$$, Seafood, Mediterranean, European
Siopa
$, Brew Pub, European
17 replies to this topic
Greater London...
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
13,283 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked! So excited..... and a few questions!

There is a thread somewhere I think on Bmet but on the car hire side of the business. Other transfer companies that get good reports are www.malagaminibus.com or www.transfersdelsol.co.uk , I used www.suntransfers.co.uk in Tenerife in April and if there staff at Malaga are half as good as the two Tenerife drivers we had then it would be worth trying them too (plus the price was very good).

Have a look at the top questions on the right and you will find lots of good information on the area, we love it there.

Mentioned in this post
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
591 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked! So excited..... and a few questions!

The Feria and Fiestas mayores are in July from 3rd to 8th July this year. So you'll get the big closing day. It is up in the Recintal Ferial - look it up on Google Maps. There may well also be some booths during the daytime on the promenade and in town for the Feria de Dia.

Some shops - small ones - may be closed, but you won't find supermarkets closing for that long! And in an emergency there is always the SuperCor express in the marina that opens every day from 8 in the morning until about 2 after midnight.

Where exactly are you staying? That will make a difference for recommending places to eat.

Best wishes

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked! So excited..... and a few questions!

What are The Feria and Fiestas mayores please?

Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
591 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booked! So excited..... and a few questions!

They are the big fair days in July.

Women and girls dressed up in flamenco dresses, some men dressed in traditional andalusian outfits too, lots of dancing, singing, and fairground rides.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g187437…

Best wishes

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booked! So excited..... and a few questions!

Ooooo thank you for reply. Looking forward to seeing that.

England
Level Contributor
6,649 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booked! So excited..... and a few questions!

How long are you here for?

Hiring a car might be cheaper than two transfers, even if you leave it parked up .

Where are you staying.?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booked! So excited..... and a few questions!

Hi all

Thank you so much for the quick responses - much appreciated!

We are staying in an apartment in Playa del Angel - but are quite happy to walk into the town/marina for dinner..

Hiring a car isn't really an option as we both drive a lot for work so it adds to the holiday if we don't - does that make sense? Thank you for the suggestion though.

Thanks again

Mentioned in this post
Marbella Playa Hotel
Marbella Playa Hotel
1,246 Reviews
Marbella, Spain
Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
591 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booked! So excited..... and a few questions!

Well aren't you lucky!

I walked to the Playa del Angel this morning - further than that actually, and I live near the port - and they were just instaling the new outdoor sculpture museum in the green open space there. Gorgeous!

Getting into town is easy from there - you walk along the Senda Litoral, which is boardwalk at that point, to get to the seafront promenade.

Two best fish restaurants are a bit further - one quite a long way in the port itself. To get there to that one I suggest that you go to the bus station opposite the PdA, and wait there for a silver and blue minibus, either L1 or L2, and go to the Puerto. It's then a 2 minute stroll to the La Escollera restaurant.

Check it out on Google Maps to find it. Right by the fishing harbour. Closed Sunday evenings and Mondays.

Best wishes

Mentioned in this post
Marbella Playa Hotel
Marbella Playa Hotel
1,246 Reviews
Marbella, Spain
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booked! So excited..... and a few questions!

Brilliant, thank you very much

You mention 2 restaurants though - which is the other one please?

Many thanks

Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
591 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booked! So excited..... and a few questions!

The other very good fish restaurant is El Pescador on the seafront promenade.

You can find it on Google Maps.

Best wishes

Mentioned in this post
El Pescador
El Pescador
521 Reviews
Estepona, Spain
Reply to: Booked! So excited..... and a few questions!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted