We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doctor in Estepona

Dublin, Ireland
13 posts
Doctor in Estepona

We're staying in Estepona this week and having a great time. But my daughter (7) has been complaining of a sore ear so we'd like to get it looked at it before we fly back on Friday as don't want any complications on the flight. Are there GP's or similar in Estepona and how would we go about making an appointment?

15 replies to this topic
Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
3,448 posts
596 reviews
1. Re: Doctor in Estepona

I suggest that you go, with your EHIC card, to the ambulatorio in central Estepona.

It is on the corner of the Avenida Juan Carlos I and the Calle Cristóbal Ruiz Méndez,.Go into the "Urgencias" and show the card - and the little girl!

Hope all goes well for you.

Best wishes

Dublin, Ireland
13 posts
2. Re: Doctor in Estepona

Super thanks very much.

3. Re: Doctor in Estepona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2018, 00:56

Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
3,448 posts
596 reviews
4. Re: Doctor in Estepona

The ambulatorio urgencias is not a hospital emergency department, of course.

Whenever I have been to Urgencias in Estepona - e.g. with a child from the school next door - there is never anyone there except the staff.

I think perhaps that the situation is different here from in the UK.

Best wishes

5. Re: Doctor in Estepona

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Doctor in Estepona

Are you talking about the sea water Mark A?

7. Re: Doctor in Estepona

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
8. Re: Doctor in Estepona

I'd like to re-iterate what Mark A says about Dr Peter Furness - he is a fantastic doctor - experienced and professional yet very approachable and personable. We had to call him to the hotel to tend to my wife and found him exceptional.

England
Level Contributor
7,641 posts
84 reviews
9. Re: Doctor in Estepona

Nothing wrong with going to the ambulotorio. We took our kids to the one in San Pedro several times with ear infections. First class treatment. Also took wife when she had a bad chest infection.

The staff there wer lovely.

As TI says it's not an emergency place.

It opens at 0800 tomorrow.

Good luck

Edited: 27 September 2018, 09:05
10. Re: Doctor in Estepona

Reply to: Doctor in Estepona
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Estepona