We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming from Dresden

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
657 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Coming from Dresden

Hi all,

I am trying to seek some hotel for my Berlin stay. My route will be coming from Dresden and leaving for Hamburg or Frankfurt by train.

Can you please kindly let me know which train station I am expect to arrive and leave? Thanks a lot for the help!

Regards.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,181 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming from Dresden

Berlin Hauptbahnhof (the main train station)

This is however a new station without many hotels around. There are much more hotels around the stations Berlin Friedrichstrasse, Berlin Alexanderplatz and Berlin Zoologischer Garten. These stations are all well connected, you have S-Bahn and other trains every few minutes. Thus it's in the end not that important where you stay exactly. You can buy also tickets to/from these stations - price will be the same like to Berlin Hauptbahnhof.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
657 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming from Dresden

Thanks abalada.

I can't locate Hauptbahnhof in the following map.

http://realadventures.com/listings/1017_Berlin-Public-Transportation-Map]

Am I missing something?

berlin
Level Contributor
2,107 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming from Dresden

It's a very old map. The Hauptbahnhof is located where the Lehrter Stadt Bahnhof was.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,181 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Coming from Dresden

Here an up-to-date street map with local public transport

www.fahrinfo-berlin.de/Stadtplan/index/init…

Homepage of Berlin Hauptbahnhof

berlin-hauptbahnhof.de/site/…start.html

Generally you have to take care that you only use recent maps, guide books etc. if it comes to Berlin. Anything older than 1 or 2 months is outdated ;-)

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
657 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Coming from Dresden

thanks both for your prompt reply.

If I am looking for Berlin stay (hopefully can get a convinient located apartment for 3 night stay, I like apartment more than hotel).

Do you have any recommendation? thanks!

6. Re: Coming from Dresden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2010, 17:17