We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Konigsee/Salt Mine/Eagle's Nest

Which Berchtesgaden hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Topic
Lake Konigsee/Salt Mine/Eagle's Nest

Dear All,

I am staying in Salzburg and I plan to make a day trip from Salzburg to these three places in one day...

But actually would I have enough time to visit all three places on the same day? Buses are not frequent so would there be enough time for transit?

If I don't have enough time for all three places? Which two places should I visit? Personally I prefer Lake Konigsee and Eagle's Nest as I enjoy breath-taking view and phototaking. However, I was told that the Salt Mine is an exciting experience too and I don't know how to choose...

Lastly, is there some kind of bus pass that I could buy to cover my bus journeys from Salzburg to the three different places in Berchtesaden?

Many, many thanks!

Regards,

Bosco

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Lake Konigsee/Salt Mine/Eagle's Nest

I see... Thanks guys, and nice pic abalada.

Boso

Pacific Coast...
Level Contributor
3 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Lake Konigsee/Salt Mine/Eagle's Nest

abalada has got it right, it is rare. That was a Volkswagen that went to the bottom and is still there.

I would highly recommend, if there's not too much snow around, that you do the Malerwinkel walk for stunning views down the lake. I'm just about to add some photos of that very walk.

Also consider going up to Jenner on the chairlift, very scenic also.

The salt mine is good and interesting but also consider the walk around the town (loop track goes up and around) or catching a bus up to Ramsau or beyond to Hintersee.

Have a merry Xmas, Ian

13. Re: Lake Konigsee/Salt Mine/Eagle's Nest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2012, 21:19