We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Platform 11 at the Mannheim Hbf

2 posts
Save Topic
Platform 11 at the Mannheim Hbf

I have booked a ticket from Frankfurt Flughafen Fernbahnhof to Heidelberg-Altstadt in 12.01.2018.

After the ICE ride from Fernbahnhof, which is Platform 5, I have to ride S-Bahn 2 at the Platform 11, which does not exist.

Mannheim Hbf has 9 platforms which are 1~5 and 7~10 and I have to find Platform 11.

4 replies to this topic
Boppard, Germany
Destination Expert
for Boppard
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Platform 11 at the Mannheim Hbf

These are tracks, not platforms. Track 11 is at a newly constructed platform F beyond track 10.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
10,426 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Platform 11 at the Mannheim Hbf

It does exist - however, it is very new. The new platform with tracks 11 and 12 has only been opened a year ago. They have not updated the map yet: http://www.bahnhof.de/contentblob/6505730/Mannheim+Hbf_locationBild/data.jpg This shows only the tracks 1-10 - the newly built platform has been added behind track 10.

The station is well signposted. Remember the word "Gleis" (track). Walk down the stairs and follow the signs with the "Gleis" numbers.

Edited: 19 December 2017, 03:13
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Platform 11 at the Mannheim Hbf

Danke fuer Ihre Hilfe!

SaarLouis, Germany
Level Contributor
263 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Platform 11 at the Mannheim Hbf

By the way, in case you miss your connection, that's not a big deal - there are trains to Heidelberg Altstadt every 30 minutes and even more to Heidelberg's main station (Hbf)

Reply to: Platform 11 at the Mannheim Hbf
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question