We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mannheim transfer to Berlin

New Zealand
Level Contributor
3 posts
32 reviews
Mannheim transfer to Berlin

We have an 8 min transfer time between Freiburg (ice 202) and Berlin (ice 692) at Mannheim on 30 June. And we do not have Gleis (platform) numbers for either. I am a little concerned we will miss the connection.

Can anyone tell me the platforms they depart from please?

Also how do I get to platform #12 as we will have a longer (40 min) transfer there on an earlier date? I understand it is a new platform and doesn't appear on the map.

Level Contributor
42 posts
1. Re: Mannheim transfer to Berlin

Hi Angela!

ICE 202 will arrive at platform #3 and ICE 692 will depart from platform #2. You will only have to go across the platform and this is easily doable in 8 min. You should know that if the first train is delayed and you miss the next one because of that you can take any other train to Berlin. In that case it would be best to talk to your conductor in ICE 202. He will write down on your ticket that the train has been delayed and can give you the next connection. You can also do on the Infopoint in Mannheim.

You can find platform #12 right behind platform #9/10.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,683 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Mannheim transfer to Berlin

If the train is delayed and you miss your connection, you just hop on the next one. Having the ticket verified by a conductor is no longer necessary. All delays are in a computer system.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,657 posts
3. Re: Mannheim transfer to Berlin

Tracks #2 and #3 share the same platform. Thus the distance is just the width of the platform (8-10 m) and maybe a few meters to get to the next train door. Something you can do in 8 seconds if it must be.

Edited: 25 June 2017, 22:28
Baden-Baden, Germany
Level Contributor
70 posts
396 reviews
4. Re: Mannheim transfer to Berlin

Two and three share the same platform. You just cross over to the other side. If you miss the connection you take the next ICE, 8 min is ample for a transfer even if you have a lot of luggage.

5. Re: Mannheim transfer to Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2018, 07:18