We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing Trains in Mannheim

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Changing Trains in Mannheim

We are travelling in May this year (our first time by train) from Colgne to Strasbourg and need to change trains at Mannheim. We arrive from Cologne via ICE 611 at 17:23 and depart Mannheim to Strasbourg at 17:40 on TGV 9560. We will be traveling with luggage (my wife doesn't travel light) and I an wondering if anyone can shed some light on what to expect (ie ability to easily transfer our luggage and how far apart the respective platforms might be). Is the time frame 17 minutes sufficient transfer time?

Thanks for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Strasbourg
Strasbourg
Bas-Rhin, France
Mannheim
Mannheim
Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
Cologne
Cologne
North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Changing Trains in Mannheim

Both ICE 611 and TGV 9560 use platform 5 in Mannheim so all you will need to do is look at the train composition board to see how far up or down the platform you need to move. In any event, were that to change, 17 minutes is more than enough time at even the biggest stations so no worries.

Mentioned in this post
Mannheim
Mannheim
Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changing Trains in Mannheim

Thank you so much for your quick feedback Brian C !! I feel so relieved now that I know that information!!

Cheers David G

3. Re: Changing Trains in Mannheim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2018, 18:18