We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Packing for trip to germany

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Topic
Packing for trip to germany

I will be taking a 2 month trip to Europe starting with Hamburg Germany where I will be at Christmas. What should I pack as a woman. I live in California... so I need to be prepared for such a cold trip! ALL ideas and tips are helpful. I need to be smart with packing.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,795 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Packing for trip to germany

When visiting Germany at any time of year, always dress in layers.

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Packing for trip to germany

Make sure you have some lined winter boots and a warm coat with an attached hood. Since they will take up a good amount of room, you can wear the boots and coat on the plane. You might even consider long underwear, which you can get in silk from retailers like LLBean. It takes up almost no room in your luggage and can dry overnight.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Packing for trip to germany

Hamburg is a very classy city. Restrained, but classy. Regarding behavior in the cold, even then lots of Hamburgers are out and about, including standing outside at little drink kiosks along the Alster or sitting outside with lap robes at Starbucks and other cafes.

bensalem, Pa
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Packing for trip to germany

going to germany first 2 weeks in sept. including the alps region. what are the best things to bring.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Packing for trip to germany

Essentially, what you would wear in Penna. in September. Since you will probably be doing more walking, have asolid pair of shoes that are water resistant and also some rain gear.

6. Re: Packing for trip to germany

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 21:18