We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with June/July itinerary please :)

Manchester
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help with June/July itinerary please :)

Me and my drinkin buddy, we're 21, wanna go to

27th June -Frankfurt till

30th June - Berlin till

2nd July - Dusseldorf till 4th July

We're the kind that wants to go to places during street parades or festivals. So just wondering if there are any on at these times.

If not, can you suggest any other places where there will be and when, or like, make a better itinerary for us? our travels can only be between 26th June to 4th July.

THANK YOU!!!

berlin
Level Contributor
2,107 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with June/July itinerary please :)

Is there a reason you must be on these days in the cities? I would have built it another way:

- 27th ot 26th - fly either direct to Berlin (I don't think you can do it from Manchester, but from Nottingham or Liverpool), or directly from Frankfurt to Berlin. The 27th is Christopher Street Day (Gay Pride Parade) and at this weekend you will also find the Bergmannstrasse Jazz festival and several other such festivals and street fairs.

In addition, there is no comparison between the cities you've mentioned in size or number of sites to see - Berlin deserves much more time than (say) Frankfurt and/or Duesseldorf - you should leave at least four days to Berlin.

In Berlin, I would recommend that first thing you'll do would be to go to the Insider Tours "Famous Walk" tour, which is a basic tour to get to know the city in 4-5 hours.

http://www.insidertour.com/

There are several other tour companies but Insider is definitely the best one. Insider Tour also has a Pub Crawl/Nightlife tour, and I wouldn't be surprised if you and your drinking buddy would join it several times...

Except for the parties and the walking tours, there are many interesting sites.

By the way, when you're back in Franfurt, take on your first day the Frankfurt on Foot tour, which I have heard is amazing (haven't been to myself), I guess that the guides there will be also able to give you the best tips for nightlife and drinking, and regarding events in the city.

insidertour.com/tours.php/…Frankfurt

You'd better spend at least one night in Frankfurt, which has many clubs, more and less seedy...

Regarding Dusseldorf, I'm afradi I can't help you, besides the fact that everybody goes there to shop for designer clothing.

Manchester
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with June/July itinerary please :)

Thank you so much! i have decided to go to Berlin first for four days and will be attending christopher street day. Then go to Frankfurt for a few more days. Dusseldorf is out of the picture haha...

About the Famous Walk tour... alot of hostels in berlin provide free walk tour... would it be the same? we are on a budget, but if you highly recommend that famous walk tour of a free walk tour by hostels, we might take it.

And thank you so much again, you made my itinerary amazingly better :)

berlin
Level Contributor
2,107 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with June/July itinerary please :)

I don't know what kind of free tour the hostels are offering and what kind of quality it has. If to judge by the company that does so-called "free" tours in Berlin, the quality is OK (but not excellent, and varies with the guide), and in any case, the tours are not for free - you're expected to give a tip, usually (if you want to be fair and remember that the guides on these tours have to pay part of their share to their "employer"), at about the same rate you would have paid a professional walking tour anyways.

4. Re: Help with June/July itinerary please :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2009, 16:34