We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private beach in Juan Les Pins

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Private beach in Juan Les Pins

My wife and I will be in Nice for a few days in early July. We would like to take the train over to Juan Les Pins for a sandy (rather than rocky) beach day.

Are they any private beaches in JLP? I have read about Les Belles Rives, but I can't tell if you have to be a hotel guest or if they actually have a sandy beach (it's not obvious on their website). What is the food/service like?

Thanks,

James

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
11,450 posts
1. Re: Private beach in Juan Les Pins

The beach at Juan les Pins is very sandy - albeit nature is assisted ( as everywhere on the Cote d'Azur) by the local authorities in maintaining its consistency.. Around 50% of the beach is public and the rest franchised out to a number of restaurant concessions of which the Plage Belles Rives is one. The general consensus is that the Bijou Plage is the most superior at least in terms of food, with several awards. While the restaurant ambience is very nice especially towards the evening many will consider the menu prices expensive for what you get. Matresses and parasols can be rented for the day (or half day) without partaking of the menu. Prices vary according to the beach - generally around 15/20 euro.

Ed

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Private beach in Juan Les Pins

Thanks for the info Ed.

We were thinking of using a private beach simply becuase we assume it will be less crowded and don't mind the extra expense for 1 day. Would you expect the public beaches in Antibes or JLP to be very crowded on a Saturday in early July? (not the same weekend as the Jazz fest)

Thanks

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
3. Re: Private beach in Juan Les Pins

Yes, if it is a hot day the beaches in JLP will be very crowded in early July.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
11,450 posts
4. Re: Private beach in Juan Les Pins

As NiceIrlande says the beaches in Antibes and JLP do get crowded in July and August but it is usually the case that everything is very pleasant and very quiet before 11 am. I quite often head to JLP from Antibes early - uncrowded and not so hot - and you can wonder where the crowds are. Also French people are creatures of habit when lunchtime comes - disaprearing for a long two hour lunch. I find the busiest time is after 3pm when the young crowd finally make it ( having been up all night in JLP) .

Ed

5. Re: Private beach in Juan Les Pins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 02:17
Get answers to your questions about Juan-les-Pins