We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains around the coast

Kidderminster...
6 posts
Trains around the coast

Looking to explore a few surrounding towns\cities of the riviera. Does anybody know if you can buy a train ticket that lasts you all trip or if you have to buy as you travel? And if so can you purchase online in advance?

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
11,454 posts
1. Re: Trains around the coast

Fares are cheap. Nice to Monaco 3.90 euro, to Cannes 7 euro. Break your journey anywhere on the line for no extra but make sure you validate your ticket in the platform machine each time. You can buy a one day go anywhere Pass Zou for 15 euro, this is best value to use on the Train des Merveilles into the mountains.

Ed

Tullamore, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Trains around the coast

No need to purchase online, just turn up at the station and buy. The train station in JLP is very close to the town centre.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
20 reviews
3. Re: Trains around the coast

Hi, We are also interested in this. Can you tell me which train company it is? Not SNCF I don't think. Also where can we get the itinerary?. Thanks.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
11,454 posts
4. Re: Trains around the coast

SNCF runs all the coastal trains . The commuter style train comes unter the title TER (Regional Express Train).

You will find all schedules and fares including downloadble PDFs on the " TER PACA"

site.

The Pass ZOU has been renamed One Day Pass (!) this year and now costs 16 euro.

Ed

Edited: 02 July 2017, 12:17
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
20 reviews
5. Re: Trains around the coast

Thank you so much. Such good info.

Kidderminster...
6 posts
6. Re: Trains around the coast

Thanks

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
302 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Trains around the coast

Hi, this is good info, can you tell me if I am travelling to Saint tropez from Nice, does the one day 16 Euro train pass pass zoul valid till Saint Rauphel station which is close to Saint tropez??

Edited: 20 October 2017, 18:18
Antibes, France
Level Contributor
11,454 posts
8. Re: Trains around the coast

Unfortunately the One day pass (which is only a summer offer ended on Sept 30) only extends from Cannes to Ventimiglia. . Normal fare from Nice to St Raphael is 12.50 euro each way.

Ed

9. Re: Trains around the coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2018, 15:15
Get answers to your questions about Juan-les-Pins