We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car parking in Hyeres

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Car parking in Hyeres

I am visiting the Isle de Porquerolles to attend a conference for a few days. As the conference finishes on the same day that I would be driving out to Provence for my summer holiday, I'm intending driving out to Hyeres, leaving the car there for the length of the conference, and then driving to Provence. My question is where can I leave the car - which will have luggage and bicycles inside - reasonably securely for a few days.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,174 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car parking in Hyeres

Unless your car has the world's largest trunk ( I guess boot for you) I have no idea how you are going to put luggage and bicycles in your car without them being visible from outside the car.

I NEVER leave anything visible in a car when I am in France even if I am away for a few minutes. Couldn't conceive of doing it for days.

Edited: 03 March 2014, 09:26
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car parking in Hyeres

I've left a car full of luggage with bicycles on the roof for a few hours (or even overnight) on several occasions when holidaying in France. In this case everything will be inside the car and covered - the car will take two bikes and luggage without too much hassle - only one occupant. So, although I'm not as worried about theft as you seem to be, I would like to find somewhere secure to leave the car.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
12,232 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car parking in Hyeres

Try googling "parking hyeres":

http://www.hyeres.fr/les_parkings.html

However, I can't determine if any of these are secure parking lots, meaning garages (either above or below ground). You could contact the Hyères tourist office and ask them if you'd like.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,876 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car parking in Hyeres

One year I could not park in the normal parking place at Tour Fondue at the Porquerolles ferry port but had to park in the street leading away from the port. Unfortunately I had some things stolen by some rogue breaking the rear window and then accessing the boot. That was some years ago admittedly but robberies occur anywhere. The paid for parking at La Tour Fondue does get very busy at peak months and if necessary a space can be pre booked - the car park is run by VINCI PARK and details on here

http://www.vincipark.com/fr/parkings/83010600

Edited: 13 July 2014, 00:07
5. Re: Car parking in Hyeres

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2016, 02:15