We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From the Airport To Ile du levant in September

derbyshire
Level Contributor
6 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
From the Airport To Ile du levant in September

Arriving approx 1400 hrs ,are there any ferries from close to the airport or are we better booking a hotel in hyeres ?

Finland
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From the Airport To Ile du levant in September

We've only been to Porquerolles, access from Giens Peninsula. Had a look at access to Levant knowing the operators of Porquerolles tours.

The last one to Levant goes from Hyeres port at 14:30. You will not be able to catch that.

There seem to be a couple of evening tours from Le Lavandou, some 30-45 minutes from the airport by taxi .The bus either via Toulon or Hyeres gare routiere is a slow option.

See vedettesilesdor.fr/lavandou-portcros-porquer…

I guess taxi ride to Le Lavandou is still cheaper than a night at a hotel.

You will have to re-check the timetables for September at a later stage, as the available timetables terminate in August.

Edited: 28 July 2013, 02:32
derbyshire
Level Contributor
6 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From the Airport To Ile du levant in September

Many thanks! Yes i'll try and get an idea of taxi fares but we might think it lrss stressful to stop over

Finland
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From the Airport To Ile du levant in September

Looks like the 16:30 boat goes from Le Lavandou each day also in September, but the 18:30 only goes on Fridays. So you would have to catch the 16:30. I suggest you speak to them and ask them to wait for you e.g. 15 minutes. Lots of hotels in Le Lavandou / Bormes in case of failing to arrive in time.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,874 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From the Airport To Ile du levant in September

Arriving at Toulon-Hyeres airport it is a short walk to the Yacht Club hotel and restaurant which offers good value rooms and being on the way round the port to where the ferry departs from. It is about 20 minutes walk from airport to ferry. About 12 to this hotel Les Voiliers.

UK
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From the Airport To Ile du levant in September

I think this is a far more sensible suggestion than asking if the ferry can be delayed - I can't imagine that the company running the ferries would be prepared to do that.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,874 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From the Airport To Ile du levant in September

The ferry from Port d'Hyeres in September leaves at 09.30 then reaches Port Cros at 10.10 and on to Le Levant by 11.00 (a change of boat is required at Port Cros)

There are extra boats leaving the port up to 7 September at 08.00 and 11.00.

The Yacht Club at Hyeres port does have basic rooms that are cost effective and is best placed for this overnight stop if taking the ferry from Port d'Hyeres.

7. Re: From the Airport To Ile du levant in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2015, 20:15