We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ile de Porquerolles to Marseille Airport

poole, dorset
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ile de Porquerolles to Marseille Airport

Hi

I will be sailing to Ile de Porquerolles on a friends yacht & plan to travel back on the 10th June to Marseillle Airport for a flight at 1500hrs. What is my best route please ?

Thanks

Steve

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ile de Porquerolles to Marseille Airport

You'll be driving or taking public transport? If the latter then your best option is to cross to the mainland by the local ferry ant take a bus 67 to the Hyeres SNCF train station(reseaumistral.com/ftp/img_lignes/fiche_horai…), then a train to Marseille Saint-Charles and change it in Marseille for a train to the Vitrolles airport).

poole, dorset
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ile de Porquerolles to Marseille Airport

Thank you,

I will be taking public transport. Any idea of how long the journey will take & how much it might cost ? Is Vitrolles Airport the MRS airport ?

Steve

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ile de Porquerolles to Marseille Airport

Ferry is rather expensive, 16 euros for a roundtrip ticket (not sure if it's possible to buy it one way), so if your friends can bring your onshore on their boat that will save you some money. Then a bus ticket is just 1 euro, and train ticket will cost you 18.20 euros. For a trip that requires so many connections I strongly recommend to leave well in advance. Timetables for the bus and train services for the coming June are yet unavailable, but judging on a current schedule you should leave Hyeres on a 8.00 or 10.31 train and adjust your timing accordingly. Check the timetables for the ferry and bus to make sure you arrive at the train station on time. Link for the bus I already posted, here are the timetable for the ferry service (just put the required date): tlv-tvm.com/en/shedules-and-fees-shedules-42…

Edited: 27 January 2013, 22:32
poole, dorset
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ile de Porquerolles to Marseille Airport

Many thanks Darth

UK
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ile de Porquerolles to Marseille Airport

These are the current bus timetables. They do not change much year on year but of course you should check nearer the time. Giving you the link so you have it

reseaumistral.com/horaires_ligne/index.asp…

Here's the current train timetable, again check nearer the time to see if anything's changed.

…ter-sncf.com/Images/Paca/Tridion/fiche_01_2…

From Marseille St Charles station, take the shuttle bus to the airport

Edited: 29 January 2013, 06:47
poole, dorset
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Ile de Porquerolles to Marseille Airport

Thank you ChicChantal

Looking at the SNCF websight you can catch the train from Hyeres to Marseille Vitrollles Airport. Would this be ok rather than the shuttle bus from Marseille St Charles station ?

Steve P

UK
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ile de Porquerolles to Marseille Airport

You will have to change at Marseille St Charles I suspect. If there's no change, then you might want to try it but you will need to get the shuttle bus at Vitrolles. TBH if it were me I would prefer to take the fast and frequent airport bus from Marseille St Charles, simply because I know it's frequent and reliable.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Ile de Porquerolles to Marseille Airport

Is Marseille Vitrolles airport the same airport as Marseille Provence MRS?

9. Re: Ile de Porquerolles to Marseille Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 05:15