We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice - Hyeres by train

Stockholm
Level Contributor
52 posts
79 reviews
Nice - Hyeres by train

Can you go by train from Nice to Hyeres? If so, does anyone know where I can find the timetable.

I'm grateful for any reply.

Britt

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Nice - Hyeres by train

change in toulon - takes a bit over 2hours to 3 hours depending on the time between trains at toulon

get times etc here

http://www.voyages-sncf.com/

west sussex
Level Contributor
103 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Nice - Hyeres by train

We are trying to find the same answer.

Britt, did you find the answer or is there another website in English ?

Or is there a conecting bus service from Nice airport?

Thanks

Stockholm
Level Contributor
52 posts
79 reviews
3. Re: Nice - Hyeres by train

Hi,

Yes I found the timetable there but we haven't booked yet so I don't know how the reservation system works.

Best regards,

Britt

Hyeres
4 posts
4. Re: Nice - Hyeres by train

You guys can buy your tickets when you get to the station, it's not a trajectory that's overbooked- Unless you're coming after mid-June when high season kicks in. And yes, there are busses from Nice airport to Nice center. Not to Hyeres though.

Bournemouth, United...
2 posts
1 review
5. Re: Nice - Hyeres by train

anyone know if you can get from nice to hyeres by bus, the train times dont work for my flight.Any feedback greatly received

thanks

Sam

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
11,442 posts
6. Re: Nice - Hyeres by train

Sam- unfortunately Hyeres is a very long way from Nice airport. The closest airport is Toulon. The only practical way of getting there is by train with a change at Toulon in around 3 hrs as stated above. You could in theory take a series of buses but that will take even longer and they are infrequent. If you cant rebook your flight for Toulon airport without a large penalty maybe an overnight in Nice or along the way ?

Ed

Edited: 06 July 2011, 14:54
Bournemouth, United...
2 posts
1 review
7. Re: Nice - Hyeres by train

cheers Ed will re-think journey!

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
5,267 posts
351 reviews
8. Re: Nice - Hyeres by train

Is there a bus/train from Marseille to Hyeres?

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
11,442 posts
9. Re: Nice - Hyeres by train

Box the fox - you will certainly be able to take a train - there are regular local trains that require a change at Toulon as well as a couple of direct TGVs a day.

The SNCF site will provide details depending on your dates...

voyages-sncf.com/services-train/…

Ed

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
5,267 posts
351 reviews
10. Re: Nice - Hyeres by train

Thank you for that information. Any nice one bedroomed apartments near the sea that you might recommend or know of? Not much on Holidayrentals.