We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what's the best beach on this part of the coast?

new york
Level Contributor
215 posts
3 reviews
what's the best beach on this part of the coast?

are there lengthy sandy beaches, which are easy to climb down to for 2 young children within driving distance from hyeres?

Also, naturist beaches? do these exist on this part of the riviera?

thanks for any advise you can provide.

Provence Alpes Cote...
Level Contributor
634 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: what's the best beach on this part of the coast?

You'll be right next to some of my fav local beaches: take the 20min ferry from La Tour Fondue on the Giens Peninsula (close to Hyères) and head for the island of Porquerolles. Beach there are fantastic - fine white sand, turquoise waters... see our web site for pics (under "best beaches" or "by heres").

The island of Le Levant has a naturalist village. The island is off the coast of Hyères.

Other than that, the Almanarre beach is the one most young folks and families head to from Hyères. It's great for windsurfing too. Plus the beaches further east from Hyères around Le Lavandou are fine too.

You picked a great location for beach time!

Enjoy!

AzurAlive.com

UK
Level Contributor
3,976 posts
102 reviews
2. Re: what's the best beach on this part of the coast?

I would definitely second plage d'argent on Porquerolles, my favourite beach anywhere and I was going to spend yesterday there but owing to a train strike I couldn't get to Hyeres before about 1.30pm. Grr.

3. Re: what's the best beach on this part of the coast?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 02:19