We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for large van

Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
Parking for large van

We will be spending a day in Avignon the end of June. I’ve read about the difficulty with parking during this time. This concerns me since we will be driving a 9 person van! Any suggestions on where we should park? Thanks in advance!

6 replies to this topic
Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
9,544 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Parking for large van

9-person "vans" (the term is used for vehicles that carry goods in Europe, we call them "people carriers") are basically cars where every cubic centimetre of space is given over to the carriage of people (so virtually no space for luggage) in three rows of three. Hence the vehicles are no bigger than the average large car - although there may be an issue with height restrictions in some underground and multi-storey car parks, some of which have very low roofs.

Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Parking for large van

thank you so much for your feedback!

Sudbury...
Level Contributor
9,122 posts
1,191 reviews
3. Re: Parking for large van

This map might help you. We parked at P+R Ile Piot and it was very convenient, but we visited in May and there were no crowds.

https://www.car-parking.eu/france/avignon

Free parking

Outside the inner city area free parking capacity can be found on :

- P+R Ile Piot - open 24/7, free bus to Porte de l'Oulle.

- P+R des Italiens - open mon-sat (closed in holiday season)

- Parking Limbert - Boulevard Limbert.

Please be informed that these places are very popular and often fully occupied in the summertime.

Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
9,721 posts
93 reviews
4. Re: Parking for large van

Forget Parking Limbert. I work in Avignon very close to this tiny car park. It would be my first choice. I have only found a space there twice in the past year. I would suggest Parking des Italiens and Parking Île Piot with their P+R systems (you need to take a free ticket from the driver when boarding the bus from Les Italiens which you use for the return trip), or parking de l'Oulle which has 4 hours free parking - you need to get a ticket from the machine even if you don't pay.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
15,816 posts
149 reviews
5. Re: Parking for large van

I agree about Parking des Italiens and P+R at Parking Île Piot; the latter has been used by friends.

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
117 reviews
6. Re: Parking for large van

Yes go for des Italiens - we use it all the time.

Reply to: Parking for large van
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted