We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Toulouse airport to Lourdes

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
96 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Toulouse airport to Lourdes

We arrive Toulouse airport 5.40pm Thursday nov. 28 and leave Sunday dec. 1 at 11.50am.

Our sole purpose for this trip is to visit Lourdes. We want to spend as much time there as possible.

What is the best way to get to Lourdes from Toulouse airport with a 5.40 plane arrival? Are the trains reliable?

Can I book online?

Is the train station near the airport? Should we spend the night in Toulouse and leave next morning? An suggestion as to the simplest and most economic means of transportation is very much appreciated.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,746 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Toulouse airport to Lourdes

Trains are very reliable,and you can book on line by going to the website of sncf.fr (the French rail system). I would not prebook a train so quickly after a scheduled flight in case you are delayed and you risk missing it. Check the schedules to see if there are any more trains leaving later in the evening. It's your call to either spend the night in Toulouse and leave the next day, or take the first available train (no guarantees) to Lourdes. I would look for a hotel near the train station if you are opting for staying in Toulouse.

Edited: 05 November 2013, 05:34
Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,302 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Toulouse airport to Lourdes

Take the shuttle bus from the airport to the station - it takes 20 to 45 mlnutes depending on traffic. There is a bus every 20 minutes.

Take a train f rom Toulouse to Lourdes. It is a local train - no reservation. The last train is at 8.05 pm if you miss the 7.39 pm one. See timetable at www.sncf.com

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
96 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Toulouse airport to Lourdes

Thank you so much! I think we will opt for staying in Toulouse near train on Thursday evening. What is the best way to go from airport to train station?

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,302 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Toulouse airport to Lourdes

The airport shuttle bus. See my post above.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
96 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Toulouse airport to Lourdes

Perfect, thank you!

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
96 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Toulouse airport to Lourdes

One more question.....we'd like to stay in Lourdes also Saturday evening. Our flight leaves Toulouse 11.50am.

Do you think we can safely manage getting there on time by train from Lourdes on Sunday morning?

Or may be better to leave Lourdes Saturday evening?

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,302 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Toulouse airport to Lourdes

It depends where you are flying back to. Italy?

There are only 2 early trains on Sunday morning at 5.19 and 5.54 am arriving at Toulouse at 7.29 al and 8.06 am. It is doable if you are taking a flight to Europe and not possible if you are flying to the US.

On the other hand, if something goes wrong, you have no Plan B.

I'd spend Saturday night in Toulouse (but that's me !)

Edited: 05 November 2013, 06:47
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,250 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel Toulouse airport to Lourdes

There is an altered train timetable for the period in which the OP is travelling owing to a partial line closure for track repair work.

The 2005 from Toulouse to Lourdes will be a bus connection from Tarbes to Lourdes.

The previous train at 1939 runs as normal that week. The two very early Sunday trains are not affected but after those there is no train until 1024 (what a bizarre service!).

Check this part carefully as below but if my reading is correct there will be no regional trains at all from Lourdes to Toulouse on Saturdays after 1024am! There will be 1437 TGV to Tarbes with a connection there by local train to Toulouse, then nothing until an Intercity train at 1743.

Check the revised times at …ter-sncf.com/Images/Midi_Pyrenees/Tridion/A…

and / or at

www.voyages-sncf.com

There are no buses between Lourdes and Toulouse.

9. Re: Travel Toulouse airport to Lourdes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2014, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Toulouse