We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Verdun to Bruges by car

Cwmbran, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
296 reviews
Save Topic
Verdun to Bruges by car

We're spending a couple of days in Verdun and then driving to Bruges for a couple more.

I've been looking at routes and there seems to be 2 or 3 main ones. Just wondering if any of them have any sight seeing opportunities along the way? Especially WW1 sites. It's a long old drive and it would be good to break it up a bit, but also learn something along the way.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Verdun
Verdun
Meuse, France
Bruges
Bruges
West Flanders Province, Belgium
3 replies to this topic
Essex
Level Contributor
30,359 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Verdun to Bruges by car

Use the Viamichelin website, barring looking at maps and using guidebooks to plot up my own routes, that is what I do.

On Viamichelin you can ask for a scenic route, then link to the on-line Michelin Green Guide to find points of interest on the way.

Viamichelin is a very powerful travel tool.

The area that you are travelling through, though, is peppered with small little wayside WW1 memorials/monuments and small groups of war graves in little remote churchyards, that you can just 'trip over' as you go along. Interesting and sobering......

Cwmbran, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
296 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Verdun to Bruges by car

Thanks, that's a great idea. Also noticed Waterloo isn't far out of the way and never been there either. So much history in this area!

Essex
Level Contributor
30,359 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Verdun to Bruges by car

Yep!

That is what makes it so compelling!

Reply to: Verdun to Bruges by car
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Verdun