We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Rochechouart Area

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
Visiting Rochechouart Area

Hi

Am going to be staying in the Rochechouart Area of Limousin for two weeks during September this year. Have visited France many times in the past, but this will be our first trip to the Limousin and was wondering if anyone could suggest some places to visit or let me know of any cultural highlights that should not be missed.

We’re going to be staying in a small hamlet called Bors, apparently Rochechouart is about 6km away and Limoges doesn't look to far away, but that's about as much as I know.

Would appreciate any tips or recommendations.

Thanks

G

Videix, France
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Visiting Rochechouart Area

Hi

There are plenty of great things to do and see around Rochechouart. Town itself: Chateau, now centre for modern art, Church with amazing twisted spire, Meteorite museum. Places within 20 mins of Rochechouart: Chassenon: Roman Baths. Les Salles-Lavauguyon: church frescoes. Videix Lake: nautical centre, beach, swimming. Pressignac: riding stables. Massignac: outdoor centre. St Junien: famous for leather gloves. St Auvent: Modern art centre in small chateau. Half an hour away Wednesday mornings amazing market at Piegut-Pluviers. Town of La Rochefoucauld with Chateau. Lots of pretty villages, farms to visit, walks and rides. Please get in touch if you need more help.

Barbara

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Visiting Rochechouart Area

Thanks for that Barbara, you've given me plenty of ideas for some day trips, am really looking forward to going now - hopefully I'll get to see some sunshine as well!

Nouic, Haute Vienne
Level Contributor
94 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: Visiting Rochechouart Area

A wonderful area, go to the local tourist office and pick up all the brochures you can, you will fill up every day with something differant if that is what you want, or relax by the Lac de Lavaud at La Chassagne near Videix ,with a pic nik lunch and just enjoy the veiw.

A must to go and eat is at Le Vanteaux, 122 Rue D'Isle Limoges.(05 55 49 01 26)

Have a really good trip, and maybe next year, you will return and stay at the very best B&B in the Limousin, www.chambresdhotesanouic.com but to get the real limousin, you nead to be here at some point in July and August, when every village have their fètes and festivales, food, wine, song and dance.(look at www.festivaldeconfolens.com).

Hope this is of help, any more information,(because I do live here) please get in touch.

Kind regards,

Skye1

4. Re: Visiting Rochechouart Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2010, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Limousin