We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day the palace

essex
Level Contributor
109 posts
5 reviews
day the palace

hi going to be staying in versailles on sat 23rd and sun 24th may.

Which is the best day to do the palace we want to spend the whole day there and a whole day in paris . There are eight of us and we want a guided tour

Can any one tell me which is the best way to do this

thankyou all so much.

essex
Level Contributor
109 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: day the palace

Since writing the message above ive found a few things out that I want to check with anyone to make sure ive got this right.

Weve decided to go to the palace on sat 23rd there are 6 adults in our group 2x 15 year olds.

If I buy 6 Paris Museum Passes at 42Euros that will get the adults into all of the palace and gardens, then pay 7Euros each for the guided tour then 8 Euros each for the musical gardens.

As for the teenagers it should be free to get in ( they have eu passports but no student cards they are in secondary school ) but will have to pay 7 Euros each for the tour and 6Euros each for the musical gardens

Then on the sunday we can head to Paris visting the Eiffel tower , Arch De Triomphe,Notre Dame The Louvre, Sacre Coeur and anything else we can fit in using the Paris Museum pass. With the teenagers not paying anything.

Question 1. have I got this right

2. are we going to be able to all enter together adults with passes and teenagers

Thankyou thankyou to anyone who can help

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
293 posts
66 reviews
2. Re: day the palace

I am currently using the museum pass with a teenager. You are correct that under 18 does not pay. No one has asked for any ID and they enter with you on the fast track even though they do not have the passes. As to Paris, the Eiffel Tower and Sacre Coeur are not on the museum pass and I don't think Notre Dame is either. As I recall there is no charge for Sacre Coeur or Notre Dame, except if you want to go to the Tower (for which there is usually a long line (but you should check), but there is a pretty good charge for the Eiffel Tower. Check hours as Louvre is open some nights til 9:45 and the ET is also open later. It can be difficult to get tickets for the Eiffel Tower. You may want to consider the hop-on-hop-off bus, which will let you see the city and get off when you want. Places like the Arc de Triomphe are easily seen and photographed from the upper deck of the bus--much better than from the ground.

Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
3. Re: day the palace

Do children have to have EU passports to get in to Versailles palace free, or does this apply to children of all nationality? Also, will the free access for children also apply to the guided tours (the Apartments of the Kings)?

Rambouillet, France
Level Contributor
5,432 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: day the palace

Angel, check your other thread. ..)

5. Re: day the palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2016, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Versailles
Recent Conversations