We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel to paris and versailles

essex
Level Contributor
109 posts
5 reviews
travel to paris and versailles

hi i'm staying at the bestwestern (the wish) in guyancourt. can anyone tell me the best way to get to the palace of versailles and paris central via public transport ,trains or buses without using my car i could drive to a station but wasnt sure about parking there.

any info would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,840 Reviews
from USD 37.80*
USD 43.60
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: travel to paris and versailles

There appears to be plenty of parking at or near the train station in Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines:

saint-quentin-en-yvelines.fr/se-deplacer/…

There are buses from the gare routière into Paris as well as trains. Once in Paris, you can make your way to Versailles.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
10,216 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: travel to paris and versailles

Yet, Guyancourt so very close to Versailles. You could perhaps drive there, park, and tour Chateau or take RER C from Versailles Chateau Rive Gauche stop for 40 min ride to Paris.

essex
Level Contributor
109 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: travel to paris and versailles

something happened to my previous post if it appears again i'm sorry for repeating myself,

wheres the best place to park in versailles, for versailles palace or the rive gauche station Ive noticed the parking infront of the palace is this for palace users only.

checked the parking at saint quentine north of the station is 4 euros for 24hr which is great, south which looks like a multi storey is 22.90 for 24 hrs big difference as we will be in paris till late, im not sure if ive got that right.. Thats a really good link thanks for that,

Wondering also if it might be an idea to see if I can get a taxi from the hotel to saint quentine station it might be dearer but would be less stressful when going to paris for the day. but the hotel doesnt have a direct email so I cant find that info.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: travel to paris and versailles

Here's all the contact info for the hotel. Maybe it's not a "direct" email, but it should get to them. Or you could call.

By post at:

BEST WESTERN Hotel The Wish Versailles

6 bis rue des Graviers 78280 GUYANCOURT - France

By telephone on: +33(0)1 30 64 04 04

By fax on: +33(0)1 30 64 63 57

By e-mail at:

bestwestern@hotelthewish.fr

essex
Level Contributor
109 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: travel to paris and versailles

thankyou wonderful people.

essex
Level Contributor
109 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: travel to paris and versailles

st cirq

thankyou for the email address

the hotel replied back

a bus outside the hotel no 465 to saint quentin yvelines cost 3 euros a future reference for any one staying at the wish guyancourt.

7. Re: travel to paris and versailles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2016, 15:16