We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charles De Gaulle Airport

Virginia
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Charles De Gaulle Airport

I am flying into Charles De Gaulle in Sept. on Delta. I have a connection on Air France. 2hr 20 min layover. Do I need to go thru Passport and Customs or can I walk directly to my gate for my next connection?

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,209 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charles De Gaulle Airport

It depends on your arrival and departure terminals/gates.

Best bet is to go to the Air France transfer desk on arrival for instructions rather than try to figure this out on your own or attempt to navigate CDG. Sometimes there are airside shuttles, but if you wander out of the secure zone you're on your own.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charles De Gaulle Airport

We too had a connection...luggage check through....had to do a quick passport controle. I hate that airport. What should take an hour, takes 2....just my .02 cents!!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,442 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charles De Gaulle Airport

If CDG is your first port in the Schengen area, you will have to go through passport control at CDG.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,476 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Charles De Gaulle Airport

It would be insane to attempt an international connection at O'Hare in less than 2 hours, too.

International connections take 2 hours.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Charles De Gaulle Airport

Sally, if you don't say where you are coming from and where you are going, it is very difficult to give useful information.

Virginia
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Charles De Gaulle Airport

I am flying into Paris on Delta. 2 hour layover. Leaving on Air France to St. Petersburg, Russia. Do I need to go thru Passport or by pass Passport and have to go thru security to the gate? I am only using a carry on bag.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Charles De Gaulle Airport

You will stay in the transit zone, so you won't be going through immigration, but there is a possibility that you will have to go through a security check again, particularly if it is not the same terminal.

I am amazed that you came back to this thread 8 months after your original post.

8. Re: Charles De Gaulle Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2014, 15:21