We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping Champs Elysees on Sunday

Manhattan Beach...
Level Contributor
8 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping Champs Elysees on Sunday

Are most stores on the Champs Elysees open on Sunday? We are especially interested in the car showrooms. Our plans are such that Sunday would be the best day for us to enjoy les Champs. Will this work? Thanks.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,888 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping Champs Elysees on Sunday

Hi, welcome to the Paris forum!

Yes, they are, so your plan should work. For details on the opening hours you can consult the Champs' official website, here is a link to it :

champselysees.org/champselysees/…

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping Champs Elysees on Sunday

The car showrooms are open on Sundays. However, the Renault showroom closed for total renovation on January 9th and will not reopen until summer. Citroën, Peugeot, Mercedes, Toyota, no problem.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,443 posts
1,569 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping Champs Elysees on Sunday

Hi,

All the car companies were open when we last visited on a Sunday, however we were in Paris in late November 2010, its interesting to note kerouac2 info on the Renault showroom.

Most of the shops are open too along Champs Elysees .

Manhattan Beach...
Level Contributor
8 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping Champs Elysees on Sunday

Thanks. We will be there in early July, so I hope Renault will be open!

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,888 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping Champs Elysees on Sunday

Their website says they'll reopen in summer but doesn't give a date.

…renault.com/atelierrenault/…actualites.aspx

And there is a virtual tour of the exhibition that was on until Jan. 9, 2011.

…renault.com/atelierrenault/en/Exposition/ho…

Edited: 02 February 2011, 01:26
Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping Champs Elysees on Sunday

Yes, Renault will have the newest and possibly most beautiful showroom on the avenue by July. In the exhibit before the Christmas exhibit, they celebrated the fact that they were the first automobile showroom on the Champs Elysées, starting in 1910, at the same address, even though the building was replaced by a dreadful architectural mistake, probably in the 1960's from the look of it.

Manhattan Beach...
Level Contributor
8 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping Champs Elysees on Sunday

Great links. I hope it opens prior to July 3rd!

Before posting this question on TA, I had checked out the Champs Elysees website, but was disappointed to see that only Renault and Toyota included any information on their listings. Mercedes, Citroen and Peugeot had nothing, much less hours of operation.

Other than the auto showrooms, any other suggestions for which shops to visit? My husband and I have a 16 year old son and a 13 year old daughter. We are all huge fans of the British TV show, Top Gear, and so they know all about cars.

Edited: 02 February 2011, 03:24
Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopping Champs Elysees on Sunday

Well, both the Nike and Adidas superstores are on the Champs Elysées; those usually hold a certain amount of interest to young people.

Don't forget to go on top of the Arc de Triomphe -- one of the most magnificent views of the city.

The auto showrooms are open late -- probably until 10 or 11 pm on a Sunday. The Citroën building is the most spectacular.

contemporist.com/photos/citroen_showroom_par…

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shopping Champs Elysees on Sunday

The Renault showroom reopens on July 2nd.

Meanwhile, BMW is creating a big showroom on avenue George V, two blocks from the Champs Elysées, but I'm sure it will not be ready before autumn.

Manhattan Beach...
Level Contributor
8 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shopping Champs Elysees on Sunday

Thank you very much for all your information and suggestions!