We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost SD memory card

Niles, Illinois
Level Contributor
70 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Lost SD memory card

After a wonderful trip to London & Paris, I believe my SD memory card with approx. 500 pictures fell out of my camera bag in the CDG airport somewhere after baggage check & before security in terminal 1 on Sept. 10th. I've already contacted the airport, but no luck. Any ideas of what else I can do? Thanks for your help.

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
675 Reviews
from USD 75.30*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
731 Reviews
from USD 49.00*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,280 Reviews
from USD 104.00*
Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,889 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lost SD memory card

The chance of finding something that small is one in ten million, especially since it can be swept and vaccuumed away so easily.

I guess you'll just have to go back to London and Paris and take those photos again.

(Oh, I would be so upset if something like that happened to me!)

San Diego
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lost SD memory card

I broke my camera half way through a Paris trip - smashed it into one of those poles that keep people from parking on the walkways. It stinks.

I think the lesson in your case however is - don't take the memory card out of the camera!

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris, Montreal
Level Contributor
19,456 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lost SD memory card

Grandma, I know just how you feel.

My pics from last year's 6 week trip got erased, all gone, by mistake.

And once, I lost a gold watch, a gift from my husband (and I never lose anything)!

Cried and cried, but now.. I can't remember most of those pictures and he's given me a new watch, so, I got over that too.

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lost SD memory card

Hi -

It's an awful thing because at least some of those photos can't be repeated. You've just come face to face with the reason that I carry several memory cards rather than just one. I don't want everything to be in one place in case something should happen to the card. And, because I carry several of them, I have a small case for them so it's a little less likely that they will be lost. I still maintain a habit from my film camera days. I have a card with my name, home telephone number, and email address which I photograph as the first picture on each memory card. If by some chance the card is dropped somewhere, I have at least a small chance of getting my photos back. It's not as likely as it was when the film went to the processor, but I'll take what I can get.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
38,147 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lost SD memory card

1BC, that's bordering on obsessive, but it really truly is a fantastic idea -- love the idea about taking a shot of your name and address.

I found a camera one time years ago in the middle of a field being used as a parking lot for a festival with photos of someone taking a passage through the Panama Canal. Wonderful photos, not a single one of anyone identifiable (several with random passersby, but no posed photos) - and although I contacted the organizers of the event, no one ever came forward with a claim of a lost camera. Pity...that could be a one-in-a-lifetime trip.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,726 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lost SD memory card

I have my name and address on my camera so if it is ever lost and finds its way into the hands of an honest person, I'm good.

Last name cellphone number on my memory cards. But to be honest, they are so small I'd expect they get swept away, rather than found.

There is an official lost and found for the city of Paris, but that would not apply to CDG.

So sorry for the hiccup!

7. Re: Lost SD memory card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2010, 16:21