We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoping for a reply - Horse racing

Ireland
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hoping for a reply - Horse racing

Can anyone advise me how to get from Paris Saint-Lazare to Auteuil Racecourse? I've tried goggling this but not much help.

Any pointers (to rail sites etc.) would be great.

Thanks

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
672 Reviews
from USD 74.90*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
726 Reviews
from USD 48.70*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,279 Reviews
from USD 103.40*
St. Louis
Level Contributor
273 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoping for a reply - Horse racing

This is front the France Galop site. It means nothing to me but perhaps someone can use it to answer your question.

Métro :

Ligne 10, station "Porte d'Auteuil-Hippodrome"

Bus :

Lignes PC 1, 52, 123 (tous les jours) - 32, 241 (sauf dimanche et jours feriés)

Voiture :

Par le périphérique, prendre la sortie Porte de Passy ou Porte d'Auteuil

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,987 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoping for a reply - Horse racing

If you walk 300m to St Augustin metro, line 9 will take you to Metro Michel Ange Auteuil from where you can walk or switch to line 10 to Porte d'Auteuil (which seems to be the closest metro to Hippodrome d'Auteuil) and then walk.

Ireland
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hoping for a reply - Horse racing

Thanks for your help... I'll try to decipher the links. My third post (on different subjects) and first replies. Very grateful for your time.

Midwest USA
Level Contributor
218 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hoping for a reply - Horse racing

From St Lazare you could take Metro # 3 (direction Galleni) one stop to Hauve-Curmartin and change to the #9 (Direction Pont du Sevres) and go to Michael Ange -- Molitor and change to the #10 (Direction Bologne) and get off in one stop at Porte D'Auteuil. The racetrack exit is up some stairs and it's marked: Hippodrome du Auteul. Just follow the crowd and look for the sign. Anyone carrying a Paris Turf newspaper is a sure bet to follow.

The return to St Lazare would be on the same lines...in reverse.

Ireland
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hoping for a reply - Horse racing

Great. Thank you so so much - perfect directions.

6. Re: Hoping for a reply - Horse racing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2010, 16:20