We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearest Monoprix in Marais

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
453 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Nearest Monoprix in Marais

If someone can point me in the right direction or an English website that can help it will be much appreciated.

Address I am staying at is 40 Rue des Francs Bourgeois.

Thanks.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,035 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nearest Monoprix in Marais

There is one on Rue St. Antoine, between Rue St. Paul and Rue l'Hotel St. Paul.

You can also check on the www.monoprix.fr website. It's in French but still pretty intuitive to use to find the closest markets.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
453 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nearest Monoprix in Marais

Thanks so much!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
333 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nearest Monoprix in Marais

Hi

If you have a look at the French Monoprix site

www.monoprix.fr/Site/Template/ACCUEIL.aspx…

Under Nos Magasins pres de chez vous (top left), under Department put in 75-Paris and then under Ville put in the Arrondisement which is shown on the last two numbers of the postcode of your hotel - e.g., for postcode 75004 put in Paris - 04 then you will find the nearest Monoprix to you

Alison

Paris, France
Level Contributor
333 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nearest Monoprix in Marais

Sorry - the time it took me to type that message you got the much more useful one!

Alison

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
453 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nearest Monoprix in Marais

It did take me a few minutes to figure out where I needed to search the site anyway.

You all have been very helpful.

USA
Level Contributor
27,309 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nearest Monoprix in Marais

Take this opportunity to familiarize yourself with the many practical uses of the PAGES JAUNES web site for research and planning....in this instance, the '..Plan..' and '..A Proximité..' features.

PAGES JAUNES--

pagesjaunes.fr/trouverlesprofessionnels/…

Enter your street address in the 'Adress' and 'Localité' (you can use either PARIS or 75003). This will generate a detailed street map of your immediate address location. Then use the '..A Proximité..' feature and use '..Supermarché..' as your search criteria...and this will generate another detailed street map, with the exact locations of all of the various supermarché (Monoprix, Franprix, etc) in the surrounding area. You can then generate detailed street maps of each location.

It's a great '..tool..' take the time and make the effort to learn how to use it to your advantage. Learn hoe to fish.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,098 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nearest Monoprix in Marais

If you're talking about groceries, look for a Franprix, too - sometimes one of those is closer than a Monoprix...

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,618 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nearest Monoprix in Marais

I searched the Pages Jaune for a supermarche close to my lodging in the 3rd.

Closest was something called S.D.A.M. What is that? And would it be worth walking a few more blocks to somethiing called Bastille Rivoli Distribution?

Or should I walk a few more blocks to the Monoprix?

Not a huge deal to walk farther. We only plan to go there once, maybe twice for toiletries and things of that nature.

Eindhoven...
Level Contributor
2,391 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nearest Monoprix in Marais

The S.D.A.M. at 20, rue du Bourg-Tibourg seems to be a small Franprix (although I can't see anything on the photo of this address at PagesJaunes.fr). www.franprix.fr

The "Bastille Rivoli Distribution" (also called "Bari Distribution") at 115-117, rue Saint-Antoine is a G20 (www.supermarchesg20.com) - probably bigger than the Franprix.

The reason for these cryptic names is probably that both are franchisees: independent supermarkets that trade under the Franprix or G20 brand.

Djibouti, Djibouti
Level Contributor
581 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Nearest Monoprix in Marais

Does anyone know what the closest monoprix to Isle de la Cite that would have a majority of their assortment (cheeses, breads, meats, etc) so that I can make sure I use my apartment to the fullest

It seems there are a few smaller ones around, but I am looking for the closest good one.