We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time in Paris with 14yr old

New Jersey
Level Contributor
248 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
1st time in Paris with 14yr old

HI

what are the must see things or great tours to take if only in Paris for 3 days.

Staying in Latin Qurter

The Green Way
Sightseeing Tours
Hit the Road
Literary, Art & Music Tours
13 replies to this topic
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
5,875 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time in Paris with 14yr old

"Must See" is relative, may not be the same for everyone.

Searching online or in a travel book will show many different lists of "Top Ten" or "Top Twenty" thing to see and do in Paris, but ultimately, it's what interest you (i.e., museums, landmarks, neighborhoods, etc.)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28,621 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time in Paris with 14yr old

As an old hand traveling with 14 year olds, the best advice I can give is to turn over at least one day to him, give him a guide book, point him at the internet and be amazed at the cool thing he will come up with. We have seen all sorts of things we would not have discovered without our kids research and choices.

I would think climbing the Notre Dame Tower might be a priority and with the new reservation system (you do it the morning of the day you climb) you avoid the long lines that used to be the norm.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
248 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time in Paris with 14yr old

thanks

Pontorson, France
Level Contributor
248 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time in Paris with 14yr old

Let day one be easy given jet lag, especially with a teen ager. JanetTravels has a great piece of advice re handing a day over to your son:)

There are so many iconic sites in Paris: pick one to discover. Three days is the blink of an eye.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time in Paris with 14yr old

Some young ones (and some not so young) like to visit the Catacombes. I've never understood it myself, but ...

Bellflower...
Level Contributor
5,624 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st time in Paris with 14yr old

Bonjour, Cruiser,

The discussion in the link below, especially reply #3, is aimed to teenagers, but I daresay that some or most would be of interest to adults.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g18714…

I am assuming that you know about the iconic landmarks such as Notre Dame Cathedral and the Eiffel Tower. If you have the opportunity, the opera house, the Palais Garnier, is beautiful.

MrsJAS

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
9,155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st time in Paris with 14yr old

welcome,

take your kid and do the Sewers tour. What kid doesnt like the pooper?

good luck.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
248 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st time in Paris with 14yr old

Thanks

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
6,337 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st time in Paris with 14yr old

Definitely hand the 14 year old a travel guide and ask what they are interested in. At that age, my son loved the behind the scenes tour of the Eiffel Tower, going to Galeries Lafayette (he bought himself a watch and some legos), the Dali museum and visiting Patisseries to sample pastries and hot chocolate. He feels the best hot chocolate in all of Paris is at Un Dimanche a Paris, which is not far from your hotel. It's pricey but worth it for an afternoon treat. He enjoyed a game of finding all the dogs in the art at the Louvre (there's a ton of dog statues). Every kid is different - mine did *not* want to do the catacombs or sewer tour. But he did enjoy the military museum at Invalides.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
248 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st time in Paris with 14yr old

thanks

Reply to: 1st time in Paris with 14yr old
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted