We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel card

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel card

Bonjour,

We will be arriving in Paris on a Tuesday and leaving the Wednesday week later (8 nights). We are a family of 2 adults and 4 children (aged 5,9,11,13 years).

We’ll be using bus transport mainly, trying to limit the metro and associated stairs due to some mobility issues. Would the Navigo Decouverte be the best option for us? How would we cover the Mon and Tues the next week, Wed isn’t really an issue as we’ll be organising a private transfer in the morning to catch the Eurostar to London. Would we need to purchase 6 cards in total or is there a cheaper option for the children?

We will be going to Disneyland Paris one day and I’m not sure how we’ll get there and back yet; especially late at night. We are staying near Musee D’Orsay but I think the RER station there is on a different line to the one we need for DLP?

Please advise on the best travel card options for our family and also how best to get to/ from DLP. We have considered a private transfer to make it easier at night with the kids. Do you think this is necessary?

Thanks in advance, Merci

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
648 Reviews
from USD 73.30*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
705 Reviews
from USD 47.70*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,267 Reviews
from USD 101.30*
4 replies to this topic
Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
6,285 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel card

https:/…

I have no idea about Disney -- but there are loads of people on the DLP forum who have a lot of experience with that question.

You can get carnets of tickets (just 10 loose tickets at a reduced price) for travel on Monday and Tuesday.

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
9,549 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel card

RER A goes to Disney (the station is Chessy - Marne-la-Vallée) and you are correct that your line is a different one. To avoid stairs, you could take a bus to one of the RER A stations, for instance bus 24 to either St-Lazare where you catch RER A at Auber or to Gare de Lyon, which is also an RER A station.

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
9,549 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel card

Do you know which day you might want to go to Disneyland? Any other sights outside Paris proper (like Versailles for instance) or will everything else be in Paris?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel card

Thank you for the replies so far.

We plan to go to DLP on the Friday (although we haven't bought the tickets yet). We will not go to Versailles; everything besides DLP will be in Paris proper.

It's the getting home from DLP that I'm more worried about as we plan to stay for the fireworks. Getting the 4 kids home when they are tired/cranky in the most direct/easiest way is the hope. Is there some sort of shuttle bus that takes people back to their accommodation in Paris late at night?

Another form of transport we are considering now and then is the Batobus as there is a stop near us and it appears to go near the main touristy sites. I've read mixed reports though. Would you recommend it?

Thanks

Reply to: Travel card
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted