We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat our takeway food in Le Marais

Colorado
Level Contributor
72 posts
40 reviews
Where to eat our takeway food in Le Marais

Planning on eating our way through this neighborhood. On our list so far are L'As du Fallafel and Crêperie Suzette. (The latter is because my daughter still hasn't hopped aboard the Fallafel train and wants Crepes for this meal).

As we'll be visiting these restaurants one right after the other, I'm hoping someone can help us determine the best place to take our food from the places and sit and eat. I see a few Jardins on Google Maps as well as what looks like two parks - Square George Cain and Square Leopold Achille. Are these good parks to enjoy our food?

Additional question, while we're in the area are their other cafes, Pâtisseries, or takeaway restaurants anyone loves and would recommend visiting?

Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,982 Reviews
from USD 39.56*
USD 43.95
Special Offer
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
795 Reviews
from USD 37.48*
USD 41.64
Best Seller
Bateaux Parisiens Seine River Dinner...
793 Reviews
from USD 79.81*
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
29,445 posts
95 reviews
1. Re: Where to eat our takeway food in Le Marais

Was just there but we ate in at L'as du Falafel and ate our ice cream walking. My general impression of the Marais is that it has fewer than usual places to sit and eat. Squares sometimes have benches but very often do not or the seats they do have belong to restaurants. A 'square' is not a park. There is of course the big square Place des Vosges which is park like which has lots of places to sit, but is a bit of a walk from where you are.

France
Level Contributor
643 posts
35 reviews
2. Re: Where to eat our takeway food in Le Marais

Once you have collected all your food, go to Jardin des Rosiers-Joseph Migneret. The entrance is like 2 blocks away from l'AS. It is my favorite place to find a bench, enjoy the falafel and people watch around that area:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Revie…

Edited: 17 July 2017, 08:23
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
23,223 posts
109 reviews
3. Re: Where to eat our takeway food in Le Marais

I second the recommendation of Jardin de Rosiers , we "discovered "it only this last trip , plenty of locals seem to know about it though as we saw many what appeared to be students picnicking ( eating take out like us) on the lawn and the benches .

Note it's easy to miss the entrance of not looking , you have to go down a passageway .

Edited: 17 July 2017, 08:29
the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,937 posts
41 reviews
4. Re: Where to eat our takeway food in Le Marais

Miznon is around the corner from the l'As and your daughter may find something there. They serve to go and are one of the more popular restaurants in the quartier.

If you look at a google map of the Marais, there are tons of tiny parks. Two are on Frans Bourgeois, on the street begind l'As.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
18,278 posts
20 reviews
5. Re: Where to eat our takeway food in Le Marais

Since when is a 'Square' not a park?

What about Square du Temple, Square Maurice Gardette, Square Trousseau, Square du Vert-galant, etc...

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,481 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: Where to eat our takeway food in Le Marais

The park near to L'As does close fairly early, and I have sometimes come upon it closed even during the day. This past year the park was closed and I couldn't find a place to sit with my take-away falafel so I just went to the Rue de Rivoli and found a bench there.

South Hamilton...
Level Contributor
415 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Where to eat our takeway food in Le Marais

The Hotel de Sens is about a 10-minute walk and has a very nice garden, if none of the closer options are available.

Colorado
Level Contributor
72 posts
40 reviews
8. Re: Where to eat our takeway food in Le Marais

Thanks all this is helpful. I wasn't sure if eating in the nearby Jardins was allowed, glad to see that's an option!

tennessee
Level Contributor
691 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Where to eat our takeway food in Le Marais

Also, you'd not be that far from the Seine. Have a picnic on its banks?

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,937 posts
41 reviews
10. Re: Where to eat our takeway food in Le Marais

According to wiki a square is a small urban space, usually with a public garden (park), but csn also be an enclosed garden like the Square du Vert-Galant.

Edited: 18 July 2017, 04:07