We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 days Corsica end May

uk
Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
8 days Corsica end May

Arriving Ajaccio 28th May evening and finishing trip Bastia 3rd June. Had planned 2 nights Ajaccio, 3 nights Bonifacio, and 3 nights Bastia but now find it difficult to book good accommodation at a reasonable cost. This is our first trip to Corsica and we will have a car. it is also our honeymoon. now looking at Port-Vecchio and Propiano as some alternatives. We like to be in or near a town/village. we also plan a day trip to Cortes from possibly Ajaccio. I have read it is a lovely train journey. we may not necessarily hire the car until we are leaving Ajaccio. Any help on itinerary or accommodation would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
120 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: 8 days Corsica end May

Hi.

The train up from Ajaccio to Corte is a lovely ride out, (still plenty of snow on the mountains at the moment ), not quite as attractive coming up from the Bastia side.

For accommodation in the Propriano area, take a look at Porto Pollo,or better still,if you can bag a room, Campomoro.

Up near Porto Vecchio, simple self catering ' mini villas' can be found at Les Cigales, tucked away below the 'old town, with a nice pool, pleasant surroundings, but a drive to the beaches.

Steve.

3 posts
1 review
2. Re: 8 days Corsica end May

Hello! I am also planning on visiting Corsica but not until September. I was wondering how your trip went? Did you end up renting a car? And how much per night did you pay for hotels? Any towns that you enjoyed most? I dont have an itinerary planned yet so any advice would be appreciated! Thank you.

Kait

Edited: 18 May 2018, 03:25
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,397 posts
65 reviews
3. Re: 8 days Corsica end May

Kait....Did you actually read the Original Post?

Look at the date.

The Original Poster hasn't even arrived in Corsica yet.

3 posts
1 review
4. Re: 8 days Corsica end May

Do you have ANYTHING else to do besides sit on trip advisor and post rude comments to everyone?????? You're not contributing at all, you're just being rude. Why do you even feel the need to comment at all?

Reply to: 8 days Corsica end May
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted