We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

List of champagne houses

Helsinki
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
List of champagne houses

We are going to visit Reims later this year, so I have collected information on the champange houses to help us decide which to visit. I thought this info would be useful for others too. If anyone has more info on the houses, for example the prices of the tours or comments what the tours are really like, I would like to hear those!

Here is a map of Reims, when you click on the logos on the map, you get to the pages of the champagne houses: maisons-champagne.com/traduction/english/vis…

Here is some info from the web sites of the houses and links. The distances from Reims railway station are based on www.mappy.fr

Lanson

- 66, rue de Courlancy – Reims

- from Reims railway station about 2,5 km

- http://www.lanson.fr/en/contact2.htm

- A personalised visit conducted by a guide.

- Beginning with a presentation of the vineyards of the champagne region, the tour takes the visitor through the lengthy process of champagne production and allows him to see a working cellar in operation. A true voyage of discovery, the tour shows each of the different stages in the making of champagne : the fabulous vats, the bottling, the ageing in cellars, the riddling (remuage), the removal of sediment (dégorgement) and the labelling.

- Length of visit : about 1 hour

- Tasting - seated and with commentary and boutique.

- Languages spoken : French - English – German.

- Visits by appointment from Monday to Friday

Louis Roederer

- Visits are only for professionals.

Martel

- perso.orange.fr/champagne.martel/lieux.html

- pages are only in French

Mumm

- 34 rue du Champ de Mars - 51100 REIMS

- from Reims railway station about 1 km

- www.mumm.com/eng/secrets/se_visitcaves.htm

- The Mumm cellars are open every day, from 1st March to 31st October, from 9.30am to 10.50am and from 2pm to 4.40pm.

- Traditional tours: 7.5 euros per person.

- A la découverte du Cordon Rouge; traditional tour with tasting of two champagnes: Mumm Cordon Rouge and Mumm Cordon Rouge Millésimé. Individuals: 13 euros per person.

- La Trilogie Prestige de G.H. Mumm; traditional tour with tasting of three champagnes: Mumm de Cramant, Mumm Grand Cru and Mumm Cordon Millésimé. Individuals: 18 euros per person.

Piper Heidsieck

- 51 bd Henry Vasnier - 51100 REIMS

- from Reims railway station about 2,3 km

- www.piper-heidsieck.com/welcome/index.php…

- Cellar Visit: Open every day from March 1st to December 31st from 9.30 a.m. to 11.45 a.m. and from 2.00 p.m. to

- Boutique: Open every day from March 1st to December 31st

- You will start off by exploring the cellars in comfortable automatic cars, which enable you to choose a commentary in one of seven languages (French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Dutch). You will learn all about the mysteries of the creation of Champagne in a setting of galleries dug in the chalk soil, that will come to life in an explosion of lights ... You will be able to appreciate the final result of all the secret processes you will have learned about: all will be revealed to you as you enjoy a glass of Champagne Piper-Heidsieck.

Ruinart

- 4 rue des Crayères - 51100 REIMS

- from Reims railway station about 3,4 km

- www.ruinart.com/index.asp…

- The Ruinart cellars are so spectacular as an impressive staircase leads the way into a spectacular network of cellars more than 30 metres below ground. These cellars include chalk pits listed as historic monuments. The Ruinart cellars are often compared to underground cathedrals just lit by a pale shaft of light where a constant and natural temperature of 11°C/50°F prevails.

- Visits of the cellars by appointment only.

- Discovery visits followed by different tastings.

- Visits for individuals or groups in French, English, German, Dutch or Italian.

Taittinger

- 9, Place Saint-Nicaise à Reims

- from Reims railway station about 2,4 km

- taittinger.fr/gb/…gbpresentation2.htm

- From 9.30 a.m to 1.00 p.m and from 2.00 p.m to 5.30 p.m (last tours at 12 noon and 4.30 p.m)

- A tour through the Champagne TAITTINGER cellars reveals traces of history, perfectly preserved and waiting to be discovered. The oldest parts of the cellars are located on the site of Gallo-Roman chalk mines dug in the 4th century. They were enlarged in the 13th century by the Saint Nicaise Abbey monks to provide a store for the Champagne wines which they traded in. Remains of the Abbey, which was destroyed during the French Revolution, are still visible today throughout the tunnels, in an excellent state of preservation. A model of the Basilica and Abbey of Saint Nicaise is on display in the reception area.

Veuve Clicquot

- 1, place des Droits de l'Homme - 51100 REIMS

- from Reims railway station about 2,7 km

- www.veuve-clicquot.com/en/visits/index.asp…

- Monday to Saturday 10 am to 6 pm

- Visits are exclusively by appointment only.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: List of champagne houses

Aapa, that link for the map of Reims doesn't seem to work? I'm so glad you started this page...I am trying to sort out a plan for a visit to Reims, but I only have one brief day there (a side trip from Paris, for my birthday) so I would like to narrow down to a quick overview trip? I must go to Veuve Clicquot, for sentimental reasons, and I would also like to see the Cathedral. What other maisons should I see that aren't too far off the town center and train station?

Ventura, CA
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: List of champagne houses

libation-unlimited.com/champagne-directory.a…

This site has the best map of the champagne area. When you zoom in it even shows if the streets are one way.