We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stayed at La Poterne or booked through Bourgogne Maison?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
36 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Stayed at La Poterne or booked through Bourgogne Maison?

Hi

I am wondering if anyone has stayed at La Poterne in Beaune or booked accommodation through Bourgogne Maison? It is a newly listed property that looks like it would be perfect for my trip but I'm a bit nervous because I can't find any reviews of the property.

bourgognemaison.com/our-properties/70/la-pot…

Any help would be gratefully accepted! Thank you

Beaune, France
Level Contributor
432 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stayed at La Poterne or booked through Bourgogne Maison?

I know La Poterne as my clients stayed there last summer but booked it through 'Leroux Lets' (www.lerouxlets.com) as I know the owner of the company (and owner of house).

It is a fabulous property right in the centre of Beaune, just a few steps from the main square. It is a charming and comfortable house with two

double en-suite rooms, fully equipped kitchen, TV, satellite, internet etc.

My clients thoroughly enjoyed it and recommended it.

Edited: 23 January 2012, 22:36
Melbourne
Level Contributor
36 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stayed at La Poterne or booked through Bourgogne Maison?

Thank you for your response. That is really helpful. I will go ahead and book to stay there. I'm really looking foward to my stay in Beaune and might be looking for some tips on what to do closer to my trip in September.

CT
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Stayed at La Poterne or booked through Bourgogne Maison?

I have been working with the rental agency Bourgogne Maison on an apartment in Beaune. Our experience was very poor. Hours after confirming the reservation, they advised us they had rented the property to someone else. I wish I had been more aware of the negative reputation of this company prior to spending my time working with them. Good luck.

Beaune, France
Level Contributor
432 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stayed at La Poterne or booked through Bourgogne Maison?

I'd like to make it clear that I was commenting on the property itself and Leroux Lets, who own the house in question.

I can not comment on Bourgogne Maison, who only have the property on request, not an exclusive mandate, as I have no experience with them.

Beaune, France
Level Contributor
432 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stayed at La Poterne or booked through Bourgogne Maison?

Hi Kengirl,

No problem with suggesting things to do later on, enjoy planning your trip.

California
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stayed at La Poterne or booked through Bourgogne Maison?

Hello,

I have booked with Bourgogne Maison in the past when we stayed at Appartment Saint Nicolas, we had a very good experience that led us to buy our own place in Beaune on Rue Poterne and we listed our property with Bourgogne Maison.

Please let me know fi you have any more questions,

Chapel Hill NC
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stayed at La Poterne or booked through Bourgogne Maison?

We recently stayed at La Poterne in Beaune. It's very nice. I rented through Bourgignon Maison and was NOT happy with my experience with them.

I recommend renting through the owner's daughter Libbi whose website is www.lerouxlets.com. The townhouse is owned by a British couple, and their daughter lives in Beaune. She is usually available and very responsive to requests or concerns, whereas BM is quite far away and just collects the money.

The place is modern and nice, well supplied with glasses, plates, utensils, etc. The townhouse is convenient to shops, restaurants, and the Saturday Beaune market, which is wonderful. There is a telephone and wi-fi as well as British television stations.

(For a guided tour of wine country from Beaune, contact Colette Barbier, www.burgundy-guide.com - she's terrific.)

Costa Mesa...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Stayed at La Poterne or booked through Bourgogne Maison?

I had a good experience making reservations through Amber at Bourgogne Maison for my 3-night stay at La Poterne. There were no difficulties or miscommunications of any kind, and my security deposit was promptly returned without having to request it.

The house is well-equipped, nicely furnished, and centrally located within a very easy walking distance of the train station, nearby supermarket, restaurants, shops, and wine caves. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Spartanburg, South...
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Stayed at La Poterne or booked through Bourgogne Maison?

GungaDinWaterBoy - can you elaborate on the "negative reputation of this company"? And Tanbark - why were you not happy with this company? Thanks.

Chapel Hill NC
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stayed at La Poterne or booked through Bourgogne Maison?

Before I paid a large payment, the owner of Bourgogne Maison offered to provide information for me about the area during a pnone conversation, then never responded to my emails on the subject after I had paid. Bourgogne Maison is a big company in a distant town that seems to be very ambitious and has little time for the small stuff. They would not even reimburse me coffee carafe I found broken and replaced when Libbi (the daughter of the building's owner) asked them to do so, so Libbi had to send me Euros through the mail. Do not expect anything beyond the very basic service from them. I also had trouble reaching them during holidays.

I strongly recommend renting through the owner's daughter Libbi whose website is www.lerouxlets.com. The townhouse is owned by a British couple, and their daughter lives in Beaune. She is usually available and very responsive to requests or concerns, whereas BM is quite far away and just collects the money.