We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saint-Malo to Le Havre

Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Saint-Malo to Le Havre

Hello, everyone!

Can you advise on the cheapest way to get from Saint Malo to Le Havre?

Unfortunately, driving is not an option :(

5 replies to this topic
Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
4,619 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saint-Malo to Le Havre

I think your only option is a mighty awful train journey costing circa €70. St Malo to Rennes then Rennes Paris. In Paris change stations using the metro before taking train to Le Havre.

Or St Malo to Dol de Bretagne, Dol to Caen, Caen to Rouen then Rouen to Havre station.

Both routes take over 6 hours.

There’s always the 2 days 9 hours walk! I’m guessing that without any stops!

Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saint-Malo to Le Havre

I found a flixbus running from Saint-Malo to Caen which costs 11€. It arrives in Caen in 19.20.

There's also a local bus from Caen to Honfleur (line 20) which costs 5€. If I can take this bus in 19.30, I may get in Honfleur in 21.26.

The only way to cover the remaining 25 km between Honfleur and Le Havre after 21.30 seems to be taxi :(

Is there a decent bike rental service in the region?

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
4,619 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saint-Malo to Le Havre

Are you making the return journey then? Most bike rentals are return to where you rent from. Plus not likely to be open at that time of night. I’m also assuming you mean pedal cycle. If you went your way to Caen then switched to the train it would work.

Really whilst your question is what is the cheapest surely the reality is what is possible.

As for using a taxi for the last 25km whilst possible I’d be surprised if that was anywhere near fitting the cheap criteria.

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
8,861 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saint-Malo to Le Havre

A taxi from Honfleur to Le Havre in the evening is going to leave little change from € 100.

Essex
Level Contributor
31,536 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saint-Malo to Le Havre

Line 20 does go to Le Havre (tho not every single bus on this route does)

https:/…L20S2.pdf

And bus 39Express also goes to Caen, but again hours are limited

https:/…L39S2.pdf

Reply to: Saint-Malo to Le Havre
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Saint-Malo
Recent Conversations