We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Campsites max €20 a night please

Dorset
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Good Campsites max €20 a night please

Hi,

My fiancé and I will be spending 10 days in Brittany from 18th June in our small camper van. We plan to travel round Brittany without making any definite plans, just going wherever we like at the time and booking campsites a day or 2 in advance.

I have started looking at campsites but a lot of them seem to be large holiday parks with big swimming pools and lots of entertainment for children, and so being quite expensive per night.

Can anyone recommend any campsites in Brittany that would be a maximum of €20 a night please? We would probably only be staying for a maximum of 3 nights before we move onto the next place.

Thanks.

6 replies to this topic
Angers, France
Level Contributor
1,775 posts
1. Re: Good Campsites max €20 a night please

Hi

Where in Brittany ? Near the sea or not ? In center of Britanny, it surely possible to find unexpensive campings in "camping municipaux", but not near the sea, especially in south Britanny.

Here are two campings in Finistère, around 21 euros/ night.

https:/… (just near the beach, in a pleasant harbour)

camping-entrepierresetmer.com/p-206-tarifs-2…

Nor near the beach, but a beautiful village, at some kilometers of Audierne.

In Finistère, north will be less expensive than south.

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Good Campsites max €20 a night please

When you say camper van is it the type you just drive up and park and stay inside?

In France there are plenty of car parks where the touring type aim describing yours possibly as just park in and stay overnight. Many of these have water and waste services.

Essex
Level Contributor
31,850 posts
69 reviews
3. Re: Good Campsites max €20 a night please

Yes for camper vans there are free "Aires" in many places

There are also municipal campsites that are inexpensive and usually of the quiet kind.....

Essex
Level Contributor
31,850 posts
69 reviews
4. Re: Good Campsites max €20 a night please

http://en.airecampingcar.com

Essex
Level Contributor
31,850 posts
69 reviews
5. Re: Good Campsites max €20 a night please

http://www.camping-municipal.org

Dorset
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Good Campsites max €20 a night please

Thanks everyone. Our camper van has a bed and cooking facilities but no toilet so we would require toilet, shower etc.

We have absolutely no plans and are open to visiting anywhere in Brittany which is why we wanted options for where to camp, depending on which part of Brittany we would like to visit next.

I will check out all the websites you have all suggested, thank you. I've also managed to find a couple more quiet, cheap options. Can't wait to go!

Reply to: Good Campsites max €20 a night please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted