We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strasbourg Christmas Market Dates

Which Strasbourg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Strasbourg Christmas Market Dates

What are the dates in 2011?

Alsace, France
Level Contributor
3,511 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Strasbourg Christmas Market Dates

From 26 November until 31 December 2011.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
35,773 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Strasbourg Christmas Market Dates

get your reservations NOW. Many things will already be booked.

France
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Strasbourg Christmas Market Dates

a few details from the tourist office website.

www.noel.strasbourg.eu/index.php…

Lewiston, New York
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Strasbourg Christmas Market Dates

We wil be in Paris and was wondering if there are any kind of bus trips to Strassbourg Christmas Market? If not, how would I go about going for a day?

Thank you for any help.

Alsace, France
Level Contributor
3,511 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Strasbourg Christmas Market Dates

Take the direct TGV service from the Gare de l'Est in Paris. The major market area is approx 10 mins level walk from the station to the Cathedral square or to the Place Broglie.

Book your ticket as soon as booking opens ... 12 weeks before travel ... for the best prices. TGV tickets include compulsory seat reservations and once a train has sold all its seats, it's SOLD OUT.

Lewiston, New York
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Strasbourg Christmas Market Dates

Thank you Alsacienne...do you have the website for TGV service? How long of a trip is it from Gare De l'Est to the market? How can I get the directions to the Cathedral Square or Place Broglie?

Thank you so much for your help!

Alsace, France
Level Contributor
3,511 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Strasbourg Christmas Market Dates

I can't really help with the TGV website as there seems to be some contention amongst travellers as to which one to use. I've heard people speak of Rail Europe, but there's some sort of twist as to which country you come from that you should enter ... I believe you should put 'Antarctica' but I don't know why ... ask this question on the main France forum for quick replies ...

Do watch for the ticket release date! J-90.

As for maps and routes, use www.viamichelin.fr and enter Strasbourg 67000 Gare and Strasbourg 67000 Place Broglie for your start and end points. Make sure you check the box PIETON which means 'pedestrian'. You can do the same thing for Place de la Cathedrale.

You're looking at approx 10-15 mins max on level, tarmaced ground between the station and the two locations IF you aren't being carried along in the crowds or IF you don't get distracted by other lovely shops and Christmas décor en route!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
35,773 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Strasbourg Christmas Market Dates

Alsacienne, it's because RailEurope in the US has gained a pretty ugly reputation for only showing half the schedule at significant markups. When you click that you live in the US, you are redirected to the offending website.

Bizarrely, other RailEurope sites aren't as egregious, so that's why the suggestion to use another country.

You can also book directly on www.voyages-sncf.com if you speak any French, and print your tickets at home.

Visit www.seat61.com for a great primer on European trains, with a good explanation of the RailEurope workarounds.

Alsace, France
Level Contributor
3,511 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Strasbourg Christmas Market Dates

Thanks Sunshine! Great clear explanation and je me coucherai moins bête ce soir!!

Lewiston, New York
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Strasbourg Christmas Market Dates

Thank you!!

Get answers to your questions about Strasbourg
Recent Conversations