We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying from Lyon to Paris

1 post
Flying from Lyon to Paris

Hi, college student with very little travel experience here. I'm going to France for the first time this summer and I'll be staying in Grenoble. On the way back I'm flying from Lyon to Paris CDG and then taking a separate flight from Paris CDG back to the U.S. My first flight is scheduled to leave Lyon at 10:15 AM from Terminal 2. I booked a train to get from Grenoble to the airport that is supposed to arrive at 8:22 AM. Is that enough time? It's basically 2 hours, but I was reading up on the Lyon airport and a lot of people were complaining about long lines and missed flights. My flight is on the earlier side of the day and it's domestic so I was hoping lines wouldn't be too bad, but is that too much of a gamble?

Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,895 Reviews
from USD 39.60*
USD 44.00
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,294 Reviews
from USD 110.10*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
1 reply
Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
9,713 posts
93 reviews
1. Re: Flying from Lyon to Paris

Why mess around flying from Lyon to CDG rather than taking the train all the way ? Lyon to CDG is just over 2 hours by train - about the same as you will waste going through procedures in the airport !

Reply to: Flying from Lyon to Paris
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted